Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: Son of " It Never Ends! "
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Son of " It Never Ends! "

Prayers and positive vibes your way - you've had more than your share to deal with!

Email  

Really hoping things work out, hang in there.

Email  

gezz Dave, sorry for such a rough Go!! wish i could wave a magic wand!! How is she today??

Email  

Hey everyone, thanks for everything! I got her home Sunday, and am staying with her at her home for the next week or so. Ronnie, if you're considering back surgery, consider this: I had three on my lower back, gave me about 7-8 more years able to work. The ex, she was in the hospital for 2 weeks for a 2 day surgery, her heart stopped during it, and she lost 2 pints of blood. 6 days after the surgery, a large build-up of blood ( it made a 3/4 in. high bulge at the top of her incision @ c-1 thru c-7 ) forcing a second surgery to drain it. She was in the ICU the first 5 days after the first surgery. Think very carefully, hard to do on painkillers, I know! And get 3 opinions... they will vary. And if you decide to, go with your gut, pick out the best doc that you relate to, and went to the best medical school! I don't mean to preach at ya, but we all care about how you're doing. I know that myleogram hurt like a mutha, but the surgery hurts worse ( 'bout a week ), IF everything goes well. It's one of the biggest decisions you'll make in your life. And life, has no guarantees. End of sermon, can I git a " SHUT UP " . Rev. Dave

Email  

As someone who worked for and with doctors for a kazillion years, I just want to add that Dave's advice is excellent...except for the part about the "best medical school". No matter what school, half of all students graduate in the bottom half of their class! Seriously, the most brilliant surgeon I know went to school in Guadalajara. Sometimes the school they attend is just a circumstance of life.

Much more important than the school - check his stats. Hospitals are required to keep records on surgeries so you should easily be able to find out how many of the same type of surgery the doc has performed -and his success rate.

Wow!! Thanks so much for your Concern, n never think your preaching,I listen to every word, It is scary decision too make!! I have been wrapping my head around this issue, Spent all weekend researching, Back surgery and reports from several patients,with successful procedures, 1st Doctor is Dr.Scrantz a neuro surgeon in Baton Rouge La. the one that has recommended this, I have found he is the top rated surgeon in the area, I did not like his attitude but that may have just been me,He was very Matter of Fact
The 2nd I will see for another opinion, is Dr.MOLLOY
also in Baton Rouge La.or Dr. K. McCarthy ,AS YOU ALL KNOW i WANT TO GET THIS BEHIND ME as soon as possible 6-8 week recovery,
Dave I know you up to your neck in gaters But TONI if u would be so kind as to look at these and give me your thoughts that would be wonderful!!

Email  

I'll do some research for you Ronnie...but here's the very first thing you need to know. When you see a surgeon, the recommendation is almost always going to be surgery. Have you gotten the same recommendation from a neurologist and/or an orthopedist?

yes The Neurologist that had been treating me was Dr.Turnipseed also of Baton Rouge, he had the 1st sent me too phys. ther. then when that failed started the steroid injections,and pain management, now he sent me to Dr. Scrantz after he gave me all the injections he could for year.

Email  

Toni does make a good point about the doc's rating, over school. Only reason I brought it up was that the ex's doc went to med. school in Ankara, Turkey. No bachelor's degree needed to go, just a high school given ( often rigged ), aptitude exam. Then a very short amount of schooling, under 3 years, then a res. in Japan. To work in the U.S.? Pass a written exam. She said she should have known better, being a nurse and all, but he was "such a nice guy!".

Email  

How is she doing today?? I said a special Rosary for her last night, sending all the vib's I can !!

Email  

A lot better, Ronnie. She went for a 200 yard walk, and was able to stand & talk to her neighbor for about 20 minutes. But she's paying for it tonight! She's sore all over, but as she says, "It's a good sore " . Now, a couple of painkillers & a date with Prince Valium.

Email  

whewww!! I know that made ya feel better, don't forget ta get extra car keys made!!

Email  

Don't mention it Dave. Thanks for sharing those AL guitar licks. I'll never get it but it;s sure nice to see and hear em. Only problem my guitar you played now looks at me with far away eyes.

Email  

Too bad you were out of town last weekend, Brian. I have some Alvin swag and some
Junk from my band days I wanted to give ya in person, but I'll throw it in the mail Monday. Again, thanks for your help, and my ex and her daughter are fighting over the earrings! Take care, buddy, and we'll talk soon!

Dave

Email