Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: Holiday april may 2013
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Holiday april may 2013

Glenn, I have never just been able to put on My Musicians Hat and keep it on,without Day job and other distractions, My Plan is to Try and get as many Spots at several Music fests along the way To give me some sort of a itinerary,Paid or not just for the exposure and experience, Then fill in those dates with visits and impromptu,stops and jams along the way,trying to follow the roads laid out in the list above,

Email  

2002 jaunt into Hot Coffee Mississippi
Photobucket

Email  

I've been dying to go to the Akei music store in Holly Springs..How about the North Mississippi Hill Country Picnic? To many Juke Joints to little time..I need to retire today!!

Email  

Boy!! if Alvin would join me Just for a week, would we Have a Blast or what!!!
Let me tell ya, these little backwoods juks is all most people have for entertainment other that church on sundays, But they have a dress down!! I went to one outside Bassfield Mississippi, a Pole Barn type structure,compacted dirt floor, stage made from shipping pallets, tables of wood spools used for cable,2 pool tables, Card Board walls,and egg crate ceilings, with a red light bulb,Everclear and Boones farm wine,available at the bar!When the players arrive, they are dressed in Red suits big hats blue shoes,women are dressed down with the big hair and bigger hats, man ya get excited, when they walk in, Start drinkin and get down with juke music,1 drum and a tambourine, and have a great time !!
till the sun comes up,
Photobucket

Email  

Wow! This thread is amazing!! It's gonna take me awhile to read it all, especially because I'm recovering from a freaky attack of vertigo earlier which seemed to be digestion-related. Ugh. Musta been the deli sandwich I ate last eve while out shopping-- and I didn't even get ta hear any blues!! ;-)

Email  

Hope you ARE good to go Ronnie and it all works out. Have a great time.

Email  

There's some great videos of some juke joints and I'm sure Ronnie has seen one called "You See Me Laughing"?..great North Mississippi Hill Country documentary..if your curious you should check it out..

Email  

The below conjures such wonderful, vivid imagery, I feel as if I am there. I wish Alvin WOULD join you just for a week, and I wish the rest of us could too!! It sounds like fabulous fun. BTW, if this is a photo of you, as it seems, you look very German! ;-) Rock on, Sixy!

Quote: 601
Boy!! if Alvin would join me Just for a week, would we Have a Blast or what!!!
Let me tell ya, these little backwoods juks is all most people have for entertainment other that church on sundays, But they have a dress down!! I went to one outside Bassfield Mississippi, a Pole Barn type structure,compacted dirt floor, stage made from shipping pallets, tables of wood spools used for cable,2 pool tables, Card Board walls,and egg crate ceilings, with a red light bulb,Everclear and Boones farm wine,available at the bar!When the players arrive, they are dressed in Red suits big hats blue shoes,women are dressed down with the big hair and bigger hats, man ya get excited, when they walk in, Start drinkin and get down with juke music,1 drum and a tambourine, and have a great time !!
till the sun comes up,
Photobucket

Email  

Ron...I loved the sign over your head!

yeah!! Glenn you could not plan a pic' like that!! thats like hangin a sign in da mens room, don't pee on da seat!!!
Laurie, Iam up this early due to a pizza supreme last night!!! I feel ya!!
I Know Alvin would have a Blast,for a week,and we kept it on da hush hush,and dove into some down home Jukin!!I just heard from Ricky Sills on my face book, he has a place called the Chickin House, which was an actual chickin brooder house turned into a Backwoods juke, I am
settin up somethin with him.

I was hoping every one would notice 1st the Sign and then my Harmonica on the rack to the left and me trying to play the Mic,and sing into the harmonica!!!hahahaha! i had ignored the Sign!! and note the snare drum turned up vertical on the left bottom and the kick drum on the left, I'am playing drums at the same time as I was blowin the Mic!!!!HAHAHAHAH!!no encore please!!

Email  

Greatnews, Ronnie! Playyour azz of and take care of your health!

Email  

How about some pics of the guitars you're bringin' along.

Email  

if I dare do that Pieter will kick muh azz!!!I think he has got more guitars than GOD but My Blues Blaster is a def.as well as the 345, and the National resonator tri cone for busking when I run outta gas HAHA!
Photobucket

Email