Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: Secret Service Air Force One Souvenier Bubble Gum
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Secret Service Air Force One Souvenier Bubble Gum

All I remember about those two days were an indoor gig in Omaha, NE, and an outdoor gig in Sioux City, IA. In Omaha, teddy was going apesh!t backstage, telling one and all how he's the greatest guy to defacate between two shoes! ( I'm assuming they're his shoes! ), he then proceeded to snort three lines of a white powder at least a foot long. Our lighting tech said it was "very good feces!". A few years later, I found it amusing that according to young Ted, the most he ever did was a few Pabst Blue Ribbon beers! It all falls into place for me now... To be a hypocrite on his level, he has to tell one helluva story! Also, the following outdoor gig in Sioux City, Ted was a no-show. Claimed to be sick. Didn't allow his band to appear and collect a paycheck, but my band got to play a hour and a half show, tripling our money! And although his band was prohibited to play, a Derek St. Bernard made a thousand bucks cash for him and his bandmates. He also got to jam with the headliner, Rory Gallagher! To stand there and play rythm guitar was priceless to me! Ted Nugent, pond scum! Rory Gallagher, Saint seems to be a sleight, if you can believe that . P.S. Ronnie, where did you get the souvenir bubble gum with the Bush logo? The Clinton logo was in a blue packet w/ silver trim?

Email  
Re: Secret Service

Laurie, I HAVE a 5 year old nephew. He's smarter, better behaved and more articulate than Nugent.

And you know what,in that duel I think Gooch would win. Not my cup of tea, but there is talent there. I can't say the same for Nugent. He's just overrated and loud.

Quote: Laurie
Yeah. Like you said. Go, Toni! :-) Though the time-out idea IS oddly apt in that "Uncle" Ted is acting more like "Five-Year-Old Nephew" Ted. But scratch that. I'd expect better behavior from a 5-yr-old boy. Better language, too. Ooh, I'd love to see him in an axe duel with the Goochster! Snore. [.
[/quote]

OK, just to clear the air and clarify:

1. Threatening the president is a federal crime, whether you really mean it or not.

2. Freedom of speech is NOT without limits does NOT extend to seditious speech, and is regulated by guidelines of "clear and present danger" (see Schenk v. the United States) and "the bad tendency" (see Gitlow v. New York) doctrines, to protect public safety and the interests of the federal government. So-called "fighting words" and defamatory speech, including slander and libel, are also not protected.

3. I think the Secret Service made the right call in having a little sit-down with Uncle Ted, but not prosecuting him. I was pretty sure the Secret Service was going to handle the situation with better judgement than Nugent, and they, as I expected, gave him what amounts to a time out.

4. Teddy's statements regarding the president are those of a buffoon. I tend to ignore buffoons if I can.

5. The actions of individuals Secret Service personnel in Cartegena were silly, unprofessional, and pretty darn stupid, but they have nothing to do with Ted Nugent and the Secret Service response to Uncle Ted's rant.

6. Ted thinks he's a better guitar player than Alvin? I'll respond when I can quit laughing ...

Email  

Let's try it.

Quote: DLM3201

Toni, can I post an 1994 Alvin Lee video to get some positive vibes going?

Good stuff, Don! I was hoping you would weigh in on this matter, teach. So basically there IS a law against directing violent speech against the Prez. GOOD. I figured there should be, but guess I need a review before the next test. ;-) Anyhoo, Unca Tedley is a vewwy dumb dodo. In his recent dainty pro-Romney exhortation for people to "ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November", he once again betrays his soldier-wannabe complex. No doubt "Onkel Siggi" the Freudster woulda added castration phobia or some such to the diagnosis, heh. Poor little Teddles. Guess he just never got over that bummer Viet Nam deferment.

Email  

Seems to me that the Secret Service has had 10-12 years to get their ranks in order. I think the rot's set in a long time ago! ( Heh, Heh! ). Kinda makes Turdblossom take on a new meaning.

Email  
Re: Ted Head

Dave, those three lines were Sucralose.

if Rory Gallagher was on a bill with Ted, no wonder he got sick.
Probably had a load in his leopard skin shorts.

Peace,
DLM

Cool pass! But by then, it was TED NUGENT ( not an amboy or duke in sight). St. Holmes was on the way out, so Ted was messin' with him every chance he got! Like the band getting their per diem the week after! Ted does say he lost a couple of fortunes back then, but that's low. When you're the opening band and loaning fifty bucks to a "rock star" so he could eat? So I told my A&R rep who told someone at Epic, and didn't hear anything more. Btw, DSH paid me back, in full, and on time! Shows what a class act will do when messed with by a cl-assed act! Also heard that Rory considered him when he was thinking of adding a guitarist. He would have made a great one! As far as the sucralose, I think Mr. James put it best: "Cocaine is a helluva drug!" And isn't sucralose ingested anally? I know his novocaine enemas were!

Email  

My husband grew up with Nugent - knew him well, didn't consider him a friend...but his best friend was in Ted's first band & was fired for smoking pot - so at least in the early days, it's true he was very anti-drugs.

It doesn't matter anyway. Teddy can't make a living playing his crap music anymore, so he has to resort to the Sarah Palin Rule of Fame - be outrageous, be violent, say anything and do anything to keep yourself in the news, get a gig making a staged "reality" show so you look a heck of a lot tougher than you really are, and seize every opportunity to demonize the President. The crazies will love it, and you'll keep making money long past having anything worthwhile to offer anyone.

Quote: Dave May.
All I remember about those two days were an indoor gig in Omaha, NE, and an outdoor gig in Sioux City, IA. In Omaha, teddy was going apesh!t backstage, telling one and all how he's the greatest guy to defacate between two shoes! ( I'm assuming they're his shoes! ), he then proceeded to snort three lines of a white powder at least a foot long. Our lighting tech said it was "very good feces!". A few years later, I found it amusing that according to young Ted, the most he ever did was a few Pabst Blue Ribbon beers! It all falls into place for me now... To be a hypocrite on his level, he has to tell one helluva story! Also, the following outdoor gig in Sioux City, Ted was a no-show. Claimed to be sick. Didn't allow his band to appear and collect a paycheck, but my band got to play a hour and a half show, tripling our money! And although his band was prohibited to play, a Derek St. Bernard made a thousand bucks cash for him and his bandmates. He also got to jam with the headliner, Rory Gallagher! To stand there and play rythm guitar was priceless to me! Ted Nugent, pond scum! Rory Gallagher, Saint seems to be a sleight, if you can believe that . P.S. Ronnie, where did you get the souvenir bubble gum with the Bush logo? The Clinton logo was in a blue packet w/ silver trim?

That could very well be true. But consider this: pot and downers.. Depressants. Cocaine and speed...uppers. I could be wrong, my eyes could be wrong, and my ears could have heard the 15 second scream from Ted wrong. And since I didn't partake of any kind of drugs, ( beeeooop! They see thru me! ) I could be wrong, but....

Email  

Nobody got my Secret Service bubblegum joke????? Really? Is thing on?? Hello???

Email  

Dale, since I didn't snort any of the powder in question, I'll call my old sound & lighting guy Greg, to ask him what he remembers. Ted sure rubs me the wrong way, but starting a 30+year old rumor that could be wrong isn't responsible. I'll try to get the facts, and let ya know. This is the first I've ever heard of snorting sucralose for energy. From what I found out, hot tea, or an injection along with vitamin B-12 was the preferred way. But, snorting it would be a lot more Rock&Roll! I hope you're right, Dale. I really can't stand hypocrites, and it would be an excuse to listen my old Ted albums without any bad feelings.

Email  
Re: Better Off Ted & Spotify Channel

I have a lot of geeked=otta=my=mind stories.
Too bad this isn't True Confidential.

Peace,
DLM