Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: Uncle Remus-- I mean, Ted-- and Br'er Bear
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Uncle Remus-- I mean, Ted-- and Br'er Bear

I remember the Viet Nam deal. he was 17 or18 & enrolled in Oakland College.
That's how he got deferred.

Peace,
DLM

I understood he had two separate ones, 2-S and a 4-F..
He reports he was doing 300 gigs/year during the time he had a student 2-S deferment.
He later had a 4-F, after he lost his 2-S....reportedly.
My draft board required 18hrs a semester...36 per academic year...with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA...to maintain a 2-S...strict by any standards of that day, but I doubt he maintained a full concert tour as a student with a 2-S.
All I know is what I read...and experienced.
He likes the attention for sure...now he seems to have it.
I remember Harry Nillson's The Point album where The Rock says "ya hear what ya want to hear and see what you want to see"...and I am admittedly not a fan of Ted's.

There were a lot or people who avoided military service during the Vietnam era, so that isn't the real issue to me. To me, the real issue is whether an admitted draft dodger has credibility when making bombastic tough-guy statements.

As for pooping and peeing one's pants and ignoring other hygene, that's just plain nasty.

Email  

I think I was 11 when that Viet Nam crap started with Kennedy. By time I turned 18 they introduced the lottery. I had # 326.
That's why I didn't have to go.
I lost some friends who did go.

Peace,
DLM

Laure, I was just kidding about Ted being stuffed.

I was all in favor of "Hell, no, we won't go!", myself. Had my bro's number come up, where he would have gone was Canada, most likely. Had we been attacked and invaded on our own shores, or facing the large-scale aggressions of another world domination-bent Hitler somewhere, it woulda been different. Hell, *I* woulda signed up. But hawk-squawking and then avoiding military service oneself do not incur my respect, either.

Quote: Don B.
There were a lot or people who avoided military service during the Vietnam era, so that isn't the real issue to me. To me, the real issue is whether an admitted draft dodger has credibility when making bombastic tough-guy statements.

Email  

Huh?? Ya mean Unsteady Teddy never actually SAID he wanted to be stuffed?? Ha, well, it's kinda late in the month for an April Fool's joke, but hey, I'm game. I wouldn't put it past the Nugester to say ANYTHING gross and outrageous!

Quote: DLM

Peace,
DLM

Laure, I was just kidding about Ted being stuffed.

Email  
Re: Fixin to die rag

Peace,
DLM