Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Secret Service

OK, just to clear the air and clarify:

1. Threatening the president is a federal crime, whether you really mean it or not.

2. Freedom of speech is NOT without limits does NOT extend to seditious speech, and is regulated by guidelines of "clear and present danger" (see Schenk v. the United States) and "the bad tendency" (see Gitlow v. New York) doctrines, to protect public safety and the interests of the federal government. So-called "fighting words" and defamatory speech, including slander and libel, are also not protected.

3. I think the Secret Service made the right call in having a little sit-down with Uncle Ted, but not prosecuting him. I was pretty sure the Secret Service was going to handle the situation with better judgement than Nugent, and they, as I expected, gave him what amounts to a time out.

4. Teddy's statements regarding the president are those of a buffoon. I tend to ignore buffoons if I can.

5. The actions of individuals Secret Service personnel in Cartegena were silly, unprofessional, and pretty darn stupid, but they have nothing to do with Ted Nugent and the Secret Service response to Uncle Ted's rant.

6. Ted thinks he's a better guitar player than Alvin? I'll respond when I can quit laughing ...

Email  

Good stuff, Don! I was hoping you would weigh in on this matter, teach. So basically there IS a law against directing violent speech against the Prez. GOOD. I figured there should be, but guess I need a review before the next test. ;-) Anyhoo, Unca Tedley is a vewwy dumb dodo. In his recent dainty pro-Romney exhortation for people to "ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November", he once again betrays his soldier-wannabe complex. No doubt "Onkel Siggi" the Freudster woulda added castration phobia or some such to the diagnosis, heh. Poor little Teddles. Guess he just never got over that bummer Viet Nam deferment.

Email  

Seems to me that the Secret Service has had 10-12 years to get their ranks in order. I think the rot's set in a long time ago! ( Heh, Heh! ). Kinda makes Turdblossom take on a new meaning.

Email  
Re: Ted Head

Dave, those three lines were Sucralose.

if Rory Gallagher was on a bill with Ted, no wonder he got sick.
Probably had a load in his leopard skin shorts.

Peace,
DLM

Cool pass! But by then, it was TED NUGENT ( not an amboy or duke in sight). St. Holmes was on the way out, so Ted was messin' with him every chance he got! Like the band getting their per diem the week after! Ted does say he lost a couple of fortunes back then, but that's low. When you're the opening band and loaning fifty bucks to a "rock star" so he could eat? So I told my A&R rep who told someone at Epic, and didn't hear anything more. Btw, DSH paid me back, in full, and on time! Shows what a class act will do when messed with by a cl-assed act! Also heard that Rory considered him when he was thinking of adding a guitarist. He would have made a great one! As far as the sucralose, I think Mr. James put it best: "Cocaine is a helluva drug!" And isn't sucralose ingested anally? I know his novocaine enemas were!

Email  

Nobody got my Secret Service bubblegum joke????? Really? Is thing on?? Hello???

Email  

Dale, since I didn't snort any of the powder in question, I'll call my old sound & lighting guy Greg, to ask him what he remembers. Ted sure rubs me the wrong way, but starting a 30+year old rumor that could be wrong isn't responsible. I'll try to get the facts, and let ya know. This is the first I've ever heard of snorting sucralose for energy. From what I found out, hot tea, or an injection along with vitamin B-12 was the preferred way. But, snorting it would be a lot more Rock&Roll! I hope you're right, Dale. I really can't stand hypocrites, and it would be an excuse to listen my old Ted albums without any bad feelings.

Email  
Re: Better Off Ted & Spotify Channel

I have a lot of geeked=otta=my=mind stories.
Too bad this isn't True Confidential.

Peace,
DLM