Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Forget Nancy Grace

I do know alot of men in the various areas of my life. Several of them do find Nancy attractive, though they may joke about her verbal style. And the reason I qualified "old-style Southern belle" with "sappy" is because I *meant* the sappy, passive, dutiful-daughter-or-wife type ones, not the fierce, feisty, or savvy ones! Scarlett O'Hara is one of my favorite characters in literature. Many strong and fascinating women have come out of the South, including Scarlett's creator, Margaret Mitchell.

Quote: Robin
You must know an incredible number of men if you know a lot who think Nancy is cute! I have never heard a single man say anything nice about her. I feel for her loss. It is heartbreaking to listen to her tell the story of her fiancee's murder.

Hold up a sec--- I am standing up for and defending "sappy old-style Southern belles!". Those women can be strong and fierce too, but in a different way. I consider myself to be an old-style sappy California girl . :)

Email  

Quote: Laurie
I'll tell you where you can get one if you'll tell me why you want one! Or are you just being coyly provocative without explanation about Ms. V-M?? Tee hee. ;-) But-- what's the beef? I may like her, but I don't always agree with her. quote]

I want one , cuz I want her to ride on my handlebars.
St. Christopher doesn't help with the idiot cage drivers, maybe she can be a beacon to alert drivers there is a motorcycle coming.

Peace,
DLM

where can I get the bobble=head?

LOL! What a mental image that conjures! Thanks for my laugh of the day!! :-)

Quote: DLM3201

St. Christopher doesn't help with the idiot cage drivers, maybe she can be a beacon to alert drivers there is a motorcycle coming.

Peace,
DLM

Email  

It's all good, Laurie . I consider myself to be sappy because I wear a lot of pink and I love cute little chiffon dresses. :)

Email  

Oops, Dale, I forgot to tell you where you can get a JVM bobble-head doll! Uhhh...um...er... I forget. :-) Maybe the ricochicoandleo bobble-heads I glued to the top of my recycle bin will know. If they're not off in the flying saucer again, that is. Last time they were I think they hijacked Wagstaff. But I'll see what I can scare up. :-)

Quote: Laurie
I'll tell you where you can get one if you'll tell me why you want one! Or are you just being coyly provocative without explanation about Ms. V-M?? Tee hee. ;-) But-- what's the beef? I may like her, but I don't always agree with her. quote]

Peace,
DLM

where can I get the bobble=head?

Email  

Yeah, Robin, it's all good. Including the pink lounge pants I happen to have on at the moment, no foolin', with multi-colored hippie daisies and peace signs all over them. Tee hee. What good is lazywear if you can't be quirky and have fun with it, I arsk? I don't wear much pink, but I don't reject it, either. It's a good healthy color. I put my daughter in it sometimes as a baby and little girl, as my mom did me. She looked good in it herself, and she was no sap! ;-) I love pink-edged "sweetheart" roses, among roses of many colors. So, think pink, indeed! I love fancy clothes, too. Hey, I danced ballet for 12 years! LOVED the tiaras! :-)

It's all good, Laurie . I consider myself to be sappy because I wear a lot of pink and I love cute little chiffon dresses. :)

Email  

Laurie, thanks for understanding.

Now don't get me started on tiaras!

Email  

Laurie, I must respectfully disagree with you regarding NG. She's also a bully, who runs her talk show like Al Capone ran Chicago. Also, having lost a son and daughter under 3 months old, I chafe when people like her make a living off the dead and grieving. Maybe it's me...my sister thinks she's great, and an advocate for those who can't defend themselves. I think she's a borderline ghoul, who's never wrong, and never apologizes! But then again, I'm not impartial.

Email  

Dearest Dave, I am so sorry for your loss. You have suffered far too much more than your fair share of tragedy. My heart goes out to you.

Email  

Thanks, Robin for the kind thoughs, but something happened two weeks after my daughter passed. In the town where I lived, a man lost his wife. Leaving the cemetery after the service, he blindly pulled in front of oncoming traffic, killing his three children instantly. He survived without any (physical) injuries, but I was compelled to write him and try to feebly say something to let him know he wasn't alone. But, he was. There's always someone worse off than you or I are. Always. And somewhere, he wrote to me, someone was worse off than him. I've always taken that to heart-I credit it with keeping me from going over the edge. He didn't have to write back, but I'm eternally grateful he did! Again, thanks for the kind thoughts, my friend.

Email  

Dave, you are an inspiration. I have always tried to keep from feeling sorry for myself for my nightmare childhood by telling myself that others had it worse. It helps. But it doesn't stop the pain.

I don't want to dwell on sorrowful things so I will just say that I have the greatest respect for you.

Email  

Dear Dave, I'm truly sorry for the grievous losses you've suffered. I can't imagine how hard those must have been for you. Your writing to the poor man whose children were killed leaving their mother's burial--what an unspeakably cruel fate!-- was a very kind and noble gesture. I still disagree about Nancy... I see her as indeed very bossy-- and after all, it is her show-- rather than as what I would call a bully. I can't abide bullies, and wouldn't at all like her if I really thought she was one. She knows she's got a reputation for being tough, and I suspect she lays that on pretty thick on purpose on her show for effect. None of those people have to work for her or appear on her show, in all fairness, so they're not really being bullied, however much bossed by the boss...but I think most of them respect her a great deal, and some of them are devoted to her. I've seen her cry or choke back tears spontaneously over murdered children a number of times. I don't see her as profiting from any of their deaths, but I do appreciate your sensitivity on the subject of the losses of children. I have seen her back down suddenly from a stance on numerous occasions, when the other person can point up info or insights correcting hers. I find her apparent complexities intriguing, and I like her alot, or I wouldn't feel compelled to defend her. But if you dislike her and have a different take on her, I understand... you're certainly entitled. Again, my heartfelt condolences.

Email  

Laurie, I understand why people like her for what she does. No need to re-hash it again. I still remember the young mother implicated by her in her child's death a couple of years ago."if she's not directly responsible, she's morally responsible!", words to that effect, she spoke. A few months later, after the Mom's suicide, in which she declared her innocence, an ex-boyfriend was arrested and charged by the police in her child's murder. She had to give depositions in the wrongful-death lawsuit that ensued (of course!). She pled the 5th more than a few times, and it settled out of court for an undisclosed sum. This, of course, was reported by most news channels, just not hers. No one will ever know how responsible she was, or wasn't, in driving the woman to her death. I just can't see how the benefits outweigh the deficits. Just my opinion, and I don't begrudge anyone who's a fan of hers. As I said, my own sister loves her! I'm no smarter or dumber than anyone else, so my opinion means nothing. She seems well-rested, so she apparently sleeps well at night. And, she should know if she did something wrong! So maybe she didn't! Thanks for your kind thoughts, and your understanding of my stance on this. I sure wish Alvin's album would come out soon, we need happier topics

Email  

Dave, somehow I missed the story of Nancy possibly driving an innocent mother to suicide-- that IS disturbing. It must have been during a time period when I wasn't following such stuff or watching much news...have had a lot of family member dramas during the past few years, and also lost both parents. Nancy does badger people rather shamelessly sometimes, it's true. How awful if it really contributed to someone's death! Now I'm curious to check out the details.

Email  

Hi Laurie. The incident was simply so awful I didn't want to mention it. But in my opinion Nancy Grace has reason to feel ashamed of herself and remorseful to her dying day for her role in helping to drive that grieving young mother to suicide.

Email  

I'm sorry I brought it up. We will never know exactly what happened, and she was never implicated or charged with a crime, just sued for wrongful death. She may be totally innocent of any criminal wrongdoing. And I'm sorry for calling her a ghoul, that was a cheap shot. So everyone take a deep breath, and usually your first impression of a person is usually correct. So please don't go all Zimmerman on her because of me. That wasn't my intention.

Email  

Who was it? Who was the kid? Oh dear. Was Nancy scolding the mom for leaving the kid with an abusive boyfriend? That I could see.

Hi Laurie. The incident was simply so awful I didn't want to mention it. But in my opinion Nancy Grace has reason to feel ashamed of herself and remorseful to her dying day for her role in helping to drive that grieving young mother to suicide.

Email  

Laurie, I am going to honor Dave's preference and let this drop. You can easily find out what you want to know on the Internet.

I will say one last thing--- they did a Law and Order episode based on the incident.

Email  

Dave, I am sorry for coming on so strongly. I try so hard not to be judgmental . So thanks for the reminder.

All it takes these days for me to be happy is to think about the magnificent Alvin Lee. That never fails to put a smile on my face.

Email  

Aww, thanks, Robin! Laurie, just google Nancy Grace, Melinda Duckett lawsuit, ABC news. And I got it wrong: her little boy is still missing. See how topics can grow legs and run off on their own?

Email  

I
want
my
Jane Velez=
Mitchell
bobble head
doll

Peace,
DLM

Just being conversational in asking, Robin, since we've been going back and forth for awhile. Keep trying to sign off, then end up writing "one more" post, ha. I'm not really lazy about looking things up, as it may appear. I spent years as a supervisor in an academic library, and I research regularly for my writings. But I'm not super Internet-oriented currently. Nowadays, when I have bad eyestrain (I have a reattached retina in one eye, with intermittent depth perception problems) and am on my phone, as I am right now, I don't feel like doing much searching, because the mobile web print is much smaller. It'll keep till whenever.

Laurie, I am going to honor Dave's preference and let this drop. You can easily find out what you want to know on the Internet.

I will say one last thing--- they did a Law and Order episode based on the incident.

Email  

Hi Laurie , I hope you did not think I was being abrupt with you, I was just feeling a bit sad for the world at large and a bit upset with myself for being judgmental.

I envy you. I think my dream job would be to get paid for research. Learning is my hobby.

Did you see Dale's latest post? That guy makes me laugh so hard!

Rest your eyes, sleep well, and have a lovely tomorrow.

Email  

OK, dude, I'm on it, I'm on it. Let me confer with the ricochicoetc. dolls on their latest flying saucer pit stop, and get back to ya. Though if it's a "Mars Needs Women" quest they're on, it's not likely Jane they'll be interested in! ;-)

I
want
my
Jane Velez=
Mitchell
bobble head
doll

Peace,
DLM

Email  

Hey Laurie, that reminds me.... Is 'Taint Years After still on their "Flying Saucer Tour"? Because, like flying saucers, they keep appearing in small towns in front of a handful of hillbillies! HAW, HAW, HAW! ( Thanks, Mr. Hicks! )

Email  

LOL!! Har-de-har and a half! Ooh, that's rich, Dave-- and a lot richer than 'Taint Years After are, I'll wager! ;-)

Quote: Dave May.
Hey Laurie, that reminds me.... Is 'Taint Years After still on their "Flying Saucer Tour"? Because, like flying saucers, they keep appearing in small towns in front of a handful of hillbillies! HAW, HAW, HAW! ( Thanks, Mr. Hicks! )

Email