Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: The 2011 Florida Statutes
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The 2011 Florida Statutes

Quote: Laurie
Hmmm... I still don't get why you posted it. ?!
Quote: DLM3201
oh, ok.
I stopped following this stuff.

Peace,
DLM

Hmmm
Maybe I'm retiring in Florida & want to know what I can get away with.................

Peace,
DLM

The only time I cross Florida, and I have turned down some well paying projects there, Is at 30,000feet and 450 knots, never had any good thangs in that state, In 1967 I was Hitchin and got dropped off in Jacksonville, walking down the exit ramp, and state trooper stopped me search me due to me being a Hippie, had hippie hair and hippie clothes, did not find hippie drugs but found a hippie knife with foldin spoon and fork, charged me with Hitchin and concealin a deadly hippie knife,I had 61.00
and 14 cents, took me to see the justice of the peace,he dropped the hippie knife thang since it had a spoon, but fined me 50 bucks, for hitchin,I said I would pay the fine, Justice asked me how much money I had, I told him 61.00 and 14 cents, he frowned, and said,If you give me 50.00 you would have to hitch or walk outta my state, I think you would hitch, so you save your 50. and work for the state for 30 days !! they put me on a work farm and shaved every hair I had off clean as a whistle!!yup!! I didn't get a hippie ball for a year!!! so screw Florida!!

Email  

Hi 601. Just about every guy I knew back in the day had a story to tell about being stuck in the South at one point or another and being seriously harassed because of his long hair. I thought I had it bad when my friends and I were stuck in Gilroy CA for five hours before getting a ride out. We hippies loved to travel by thumb.

BTW-- nowadays you wouldn't have any trouble getting some with a bald head. I know plenty of fine women who love that look.

Email  
Re: FLA

601, you made some good money in 1967, that works out to $,20 an hour on a 8 hour work schedule.

I have many horror stories about going through the state of Georgia on my many trips tp Florida.

The thing about Florida is the farther south you go, more more northern it gets.

Peace,
DLM

when I got outta the ARMY in 72 I bought a new Dodge Van,and set out to visit every state in the US includin Alaska, Could not drive to Hawaii of course,and did just that, While in Colorado I visited the Coors plant,and drink some Coors that had never been warm,the way it was supposed to be, And WOW!! was that good, So I was headed back south and at the time you could not get coors south
of the Mason Dixon line, so I bought 20 cases of coors and put it in my van, along with 1lb red and green wrapper, 2 sheets Mr.Natural,100 hits orange sunshine,1 0z of pink rock..and was headed to panama sc.I found the phone number,Of a little sweetie I had camped with a couple weeks earlier in the smokies,stopped at a pay phone and called her, asked if she wanted to go to South America with me,She agreed and wanted me to come and get her, YUP!! she lived in CoCo beach Florida!!!!So I headed to florida, I was not hitchin soooo I figured I was OK!! Drove all night with some help from my friends,across LA.into Ala.and Florida, shortly into florida I saw a state inspection station, well I kept goin,state trooper chased me down,for not stoppin, I didn't know!!was my excuse,asked what I had in the van, NO I didn't tell him EVERYTHING, but I could not nor did I try to hide the Beer!! YUP!! BUSTED for bringing illegal alcohol into florida!!! Took all my Beer!!! and I had to pay a 1200.00 bond or go to jail then they would find the rest of my stash!! paid it a left the state right then and flew my sweetie to New Orleans, never been back to florida!!

Email  

Quote: Robin
Hi 601. Just about every guy I knew back in the day had a story to tell about being stuck in the South at one point or another and being seriously harassed because of his long hair. I thought I had it bad when my friends and I were stuck in Gilroy CA for five hours before getting a ride out. We hippies loved to travel by thumb.

BTW-- nowadays you wouldn't have any trouble getting some with a bald head. I know plenty of fine women who love that look.

well don't have what I used ta but I ain't bald, still lookin good!!

Email  

Quote: 601

Hi 601. Good to hear! A man's confidence in his own sex appeal is a major attraction at any age.

When I look at pictures of myself from back in the day I almost want to weep for that pretty girl who, alas, is no more. But, I am humbly grateful to the universe that I still get my share of male attention, especially considering I will be 60 in three weeks.

Alvin Lee Forever!

Email  

Hi 601. Good to hear! A man's confidence in his own sex appeal is a major attraction at any age.

When I look at pictures of myself from back in the day I almost want to weep for that pretty girl who, alas, is no more. But, I am humbly grateful to the universe that I still get my share of male attention, especially considering I will be 60 in three weeks.

Alvin Lee Forever!

Robin...What's the date!

when I got outta the ARMY in 72 I bought a new Dodge Van...

Ron...I'm on my 4th new van in the past 16 years...Hated the 2 Fords, front brake pads had to be replaced every 18,000 miles, transmissions, front and rear A/C were a problem...Traded in my Chevy Express 1500 8 passenger with 156,00 miles on it for a 2011 same...Never spent a dime on the Chevy except for brakes at 120K...Had a buddy with a Dodge Van!...We drove from Houston to Austin to chase a couple of cuties one Friday summer night at 100 miles an hour most of the way back in 76...Loved that Dodge van!...Wish they still made them...Week-end trips with three couples in the Chevy half ton are still a lot of fun though!

Hi Glenn, I will be the magnificent age of 60 on April 20. Thanks for asking.

Two days later my youngest son is getting married. The wedding is in Manhattan. We are flying in from the Bay Area, CA. I have a lot to celebrate and be thankful for.

I am glowing. But truthfully, what has put the biggest smile on my face lately is listening to Alvin Lee almost 24/7 over the last 6 weeks.

BTW-- "On the Road to Freedom" has some exquisite songs. I think you will appreciate them much more now. YouTube has some wonderful videos of Alvin and Mylon. I never even heard of Mylon before 6 weeks ago.

Hi Glenn, I will be the magnificent age of 60 on April 20. Thanks for asking.

Two days later my youngest son is getting married. The wedding is in Manhattan. We are flying in from the Bay Area, CA. I have a lot to celebrate and be thankful for.

I am glowing. But truthfully, what has put the biggest smile on my face lately is listening to Alvin Lee almost 24/7 over the last 6 weeks.

BTW-- "On the Road to Freedom" has some exquisite songs. I think you will appreciate them much more now. YouTube has some wonderful videos of Alvin and Mylon. I never even heard of Mylon before 6 weeks ago.

Robin...Janet and I got married last April 26th, so I was hoping your birhtday might have been the same...I have a solution though...We'll just start celebrating on the 20th thru the rest of the month here in Texas...

Congratulations to you and Janet, Glenn. There are few things in life sweeter than the first year of marriage. Lots of arguments, lots of fun times making up.

I would be honored if you start your celebration on my birthday, and I will be sure to raise a glass to you and Janet on April 26.

Uh-oh... LOL!!

Quote: Laurie
Hmmm... I still don't get why you posted it. ?!
Quote: DLM3201

Hmmm
Maybe I'm retiring in Florida & want to know what I can get away with.................

Peace,
DLM

Email