Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Putting out fire with gasoline
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Putting out fire with gasoline

& it just gets more complicated.

And when, before any confrontation, Zimmerman informed the police operator that he was following Martin, the operator’s advice that “we don’t need you to do that” was suggestive, not compulsory. By itself, investigating someone who is a stranger in the neighborhood does not imply a provocation.

Add the lawmaker from Illinois to my bigot list.
Bobby Rush.
Anyone remember him from the 60's?

Peace,
DLM

Re: Putting out fire with gasoline

Geez, this whole situation was one huge clusterf*ck wasn't it?

Email  

Ok, I'm done.
I don't watch too much of this crap on TV, but here's how it get's spinned on TV.

I remember hearing the name Bobby Rush quite a bit in the sixties. He was considered to be a "dangerous radical" by my Nixon-supporting parents. At that time, anyone who was against what my parents' stood for was ok with me.

Email  

The 911 operator's "advice" amounted to an instruction, but was simply tactfully worded because Zimmerman was a free citizen acting on his own time as a volunteer. It's still true that the cops don't want armed neighborhood watch personnel pursuing "suspects".

Email  

Ugh, I feel kinda TVed out. Too much lazing around and news-watching today, while resting from some exhausting household-rearranging maneuvers. Even watched the Rev. You know, if I thought pursuing a suspect or otherwise ignoring 911 instructions would save a life or somehow really save the day in a crisis, such as if I thought other help might not arrive in time, and I had good reason to believe the suspect was headed somewhere with malicious or deadly intent, I'd follow my own judgement in that moment, and to Hel with the rules. But there's no evidence this was that type of situation. On the heels of the news release that the lead investigator on the Martin death scene didn't buy Zimmerman's story at the time and wanted charges brought, now we see a just-released potential bombshell video of Zimmerman brought to the cop station before his release. He certainly doesn't look to me like someone who's just had his head slammed on the ground multiple times, per his own story. His very sparse and closely-shaven hair shows plenty of skin underneath. I don't see any sign of bruising, swelling, or lacerations. Certainly no sign in his bearing of disorientation. Curiouser and curiouser. Also, my latest listen on the news of an enhanced and separated version of the 911 tape leaves no doubt in my mind that what Z. muttered was "effing coons". It's not in the least unintelligible, as some have claimed. At least, not on the work-up I've heard. To each his or her own hearing abilities, however. Now, I just wish I knew where all this is headed, but I need a break from it. Think I'll bury my nose in a nice murder mystery. A book one.

Email  

Jeez, you thought Rush was being a bigot? I thought what he did was kind of cool.

But to add to the GZ/TM drama, I watched the video of GZ after the murder....no bruises, no blood.

Laurie is right.....Curiouser and curiouser.

I just finished reading The Long Goodbye for probably the 20th time in my life Laurie. Nothing like a great mystery novel.

The whole thing, from pursuit of "suspicious charcater" to current posturing of those able to capture media attention, stinks. Stupidity, lack fo judgement, and tragedy all around.

Normally I err on the side of patience and letting law enforcement do their job. Now even I'm frustrated.

Email  
Re: more gasoline for the fire

Zimmerman's father will be on Piers Morgan / CNN tonight. I tink 9:00 pm eastern time.

Peace,
DLM

Re: more gasoline for the fire

Quote: DLM3201
Zimmerman's father will be on Piers Morgan / CNN tonight. I tink 9:00 pm eastern time.

Peace,
DLM

Hmmmm. That sounds unpromising. Normally, I would never watch that type of thing, because I don't think anything will be gained from it...but, I probably will view some of it, at least until I sicken of my own voyeuristic curiosity.

Email  
Re: personal story

I wouldn't put too much stock in the police station video.
Short story,
I was in a confrontation and was cracked in the back of the head with a glass insulator (the kind on telephone poles) and punched in the face and knocked unconcious, blood all over my cell phone.
Yeah, they arrested me, because there was two sides to the story.
Before going into the po po station, one hr later, the EMS team cleaned me up. The mug shots showed no sign of any tramua, beating or swelling or physical blood anywhere.

Bonded out,They let me go. Court dropped all charges against me.

No details will be provided on this incident.

My point, don't put too much stock in that police video.
But they should of had gloves on!

Peace,
DLM

Eee Gads, Dale. Yikes!

This is your second personal story of violence and bloodshed since I have been here.

I hope they all had good endings for you.

Email  

I've been on this board about 14 years.
These 2 personal accounts have never been revealed because a thread never appeared to fit them in.
Not that I was waiting to fit them in.
I'm not glorifying anything, it's all I can add from personal experince.
I have tried to be honest on this baord and express my opinions realistically.
Some times not a popular thing in these discussions.
Hey we all jump to conclusions, have suspicions, have opinions, etc.

I'm just sayin, wait for the evidence.

And in Florida even the evidence dosen't mean you're guilty by jury trial.
Ex. the high profile Orlando trial last year.

Peace,
DLM

2 incidents in my 50+ years means I stay out of trouble and I am passive by nature.
Mark VII on DLM.

DLM, No one who is as passionate a fan of Alvin's as you are could be a troublemaker. IMO.

I only commented because I am a die-hard romantic, with girly dreams of strong, brave, heroic men standing up to the bad guys. I like your stories.

I am also a big fan of honest, sincere, genuine opinions and personal stories, as you can probably tell if you have read any of my posts here.

I admire you for keeping it real.

Email  

Well said - everyone should wait for the evidence before going off half-cocked. Of course almost nobody is, which is a big part of the problem.

I just hope those investigating are more competent than they appear.

Email  

Robin, I too am a romantic, and as a kid I loved Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty, but my very fave was Peter Pan. My own girlish (as opposed to girly) dreams tended to involve enjoying the big puffy princess dresses and fabulous jewels in my quieter moments, or my spare time, as it were (if I had any), but then ditching them and jumping into more streamlined duds to go off on adventures with the hero, instead of being rescued by him. Or Hel, maybe *after* I was rescued by him! ;-) I've always loved (and sometimes perform) old folk songs about girls disguising themselves as men in order to go off and become soldiers, sailors, pirates, highway"men", etc. A fave song in the first category, which I learned off a Steeleye Span album years ago, is "The Drummer Maid", containing the winning line: "To think I've slept with a thousand men, and a maiden all the while!" Heh heh heh. I have to admit, another pertinent fave song of mine is the show tune "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better" from "Annie, Get Your Gun". Of course, in real life Annie Oakley *was* a better shot than hubby Frank Butler, no doubt about it. What can I say. I've always felt it never hurts to keep our dear menfolk on their toes in all manners possible! ;-)

Quote: Robin

......I only commented because I am a die-hard romantic, with girly dreams of strong, brave, heroic men standing up to the bad guys......

Email  

Quote: Toni
"I just finished reading The Long Goodbye for probably the 20th time in my life Laurie. Nothing like a great mystery novel."
Yeah, Toni, you said it. And wow, 20 times! I haven't even reread *Little Women* that much! I've seen the movie "Oliver!" over 20 times, though. A gang of us hippies in high school kept going to it over and over in the theater in 1968 or 1969. It got to be a kind of a "thing" with us to see how many times we could watch it. Apart from the great sets, costumes, lines, songs, and dancing, not to mention the fabbo British accents, many of which were Cockney (SO much fun to mimic), we apparently had delightful 'bohemian' fantasies of "A Fine Life" as Victorian pickpockets, thugs, and lightskirts. Ha. Yeah, right. We were clearly smoking something beforehand. Ah, sweet lost wild youth! :-)

Email  

Okay, you got me - perhaps a wee bit of an exaggeration on my part, Laurie. But I can probably come close to your Oliver viewing with my one time addiction to West Side Story. Not only did the Romeo and Juliet story grab my very young heart strings, I loved the music and dance routines. Heck, I still listen to the soundtrack occasionally when I'm alone....the alone part being necessary because I sing every word and have even been known to stumble through a pathetic version of a dance routine or two. My poor husband views it all as a sure sign that there is something not quite right with me.

I have to admit, Robin, I think a passionate fan of Alvin's could be just about anything... but I do declare, I suspect you may be charming the socks off our Dale. ;-)

Quote: Robin
DLM, No one who is as passionate a fan of Alvin's as you are could be a troublemaker. IMO. .........
I admire you for keeping it real.

Email  

Weird. I posted a reply to the below a while ago, and I could swear I saw it appear, but now it's gone. Did it end up in another thread? Am I losing my marbles? I'll recreate it soon if it doesn't turn up.

Quote: Toni
Okay, you got me - perhaps a wee bit of an exaggeration on my part, Laurie. But I can probably come close to your Oliver viewing with my one time addiction to West Side Story. Not only did the Romeo and Juliet story grab my very young heart strings, I loved the music and dance routines. Heck, I still listen to the soundtrack occasionally when I'm alone....the alone part being necessary because I sing every word and have even been known to stumble through a pathetic version of a dance routine or two. My poor husband views it all as a sure sign that there is something not quite right with me.

Email  

Sorry to sound like a broken record, Don, but-- why? Why should everybody "wait for the evidence" before discussing this case, or forming strong suspicions or opinions? Which evidence? We've already got some worth talking about. Do you mean wait for final absolute proof? Nobody ever does that with any case. Who's "going off half-cocked"? Why can't people be different in their reactions, as people always are, according to their experiences and perspectives, and speak accordingly? I don't mean to be annoying, honest, and I can agree to disagree, but I'm still curious. People who have formed wrong conclusions will have to adjust them later. That always happens too. In the meantime, I think the continued discussions in the media and expressions in the streets, etc., are interesting.

Quote: Don B.
Well said - everyone should wait for the evidence before going off half-cocked. Of course almost nobody is, which is a big part of the problem.

I just hope those investigating are more competent than they appear.

Email  

Laurie, I admit to having a blind spot a mile wide when it comes to people for whom I have affection or admiration. In my little world no fan of Alvin's could be anything less than an excellent human being.

Edit: re DLM.

Email  

I held back from telling you that of course Alvin Lee fans could be troublemakers, Robin, but now that Laurie has let the proverbial cat out of the bag....oh could we tell you stories!!

Hey Toni, I have led such a quiet life these past few years I forgot how fun some of those wild and crazy times could be. I got into some trouble myself back in the day. The scariest were when the FBI wanted me to rat out my friends and the time I thought there was a hit out on me because some jealous female spread a rumor that I was a narc. All in all I like my peaceful life now much better.

Email