Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: Cocaine and a "Cardiac Event"
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cocaine and a "Cardiac Event"

Jeremy, what does STR mean?

Email  

Unless there is more evidence, I can't see taking the "foul play" theory for much more than a dubious possibility. Lack of evidence and speculation is the staple of conspiracy theories and no evidence at all.

Oftentimes, when a person of notoriety dies, a significant number of people can not accept their death under mundane circumstances and they attempt to justify their lack of acceptance by attributing said death to a greater plot - based on very little or no evidence.

Email  

OK, Robin... but which duck does it look like to you? ;-)

Quote: Robin
This appears to me to be a classic case of "if it looks like a duck..."

Email  

I'm not Robin, and Maybe I should stay out of it, but here's my two cents' (at the most) worth:

The Duck looks like Whitney did cocaine, had a heart attack, slipped under water, and, tragically, died.

There is no evidence space aliens, terrorists, the CIA/NSA/FBI (or any other alphabet soup agency), organized crime, digruntled employees, fans or business associates, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Wilkes Booth, Bobby Brown, or any other person or persons unknown was involved.

Email  
Re: "Cardiac Event"

I'm still wondering who stuffed that sandwhich down Cass Flliott's throat.

Did Dominick John Dunne ever look into this?

Peace,
DLM

oh yeah, the bathtub didn't kill me last night.
And I'm running on heavy fuel today.

Don, it may well be that Whitney's ex-sis-in-law is making up stuff or jumping to conclusions. She has no hard evidence. It's just that I don't see any reason to discount her concerns automatically. Celebs already have a higher percentage of the unusual in their lives anyway, and no few celebs, particularly those using street drugs, have unsavory hangers-on who majorly don't have their best interests at heart. A semi-has-been who's been a star of Whitney's pop magnitude, and who's now lost her voice, is strung out, and has gotten booed in her most recent concerts, is a definite liability to some factions. My point is that it's just as foolish to assume foul play couldn't possibly be the case as it is to assume it was definitely the case. Truth is often stranger than fiction. Conspiracies to commit wrongdoing can and do exist all the time. Just not usually involving aliens and the Illuminati. ;-)

Quote: Don B.
Unless there is more evidence, I can't see taking the "foul play" theory for much more than a dubious possibility. Lack of evidence and speculation is the staple of conspiracy theories and no evidence at all.

Oftentimes, when a person of notoriety dies, a significant number of people can not accept their death under mundane circumstances and they attempt to justify their lack of acceptance by attributing said death to a greater plot - based on very little or no evidence.

Email  

One must go where the evidence leads. I didn't discount the possiblity, just the lack of evidence to support the theory.

Email  

Urban myth. Cass Elliot died of a heart attack. There was no food in her trachia.

Email  

My previous post crossed with your last one, Don. I agree that the duck looks like Whitney simply drowned on her own, probably after a cocaine-induced heart attack. I did put a wink mark after my "duck" question to Robin. I've never said there *is* any evidence of a conspiracy! I'm not talking about evidence right now-- only about the kind of open-mindedness to *possibilities* that the Great Detective Himself would espouse. Scoffing at "conspiracy theories" en masse as if they're ALL automatically equally dubious doth not a great or even good detective make. Without investigating possibilities, one is often not likely to *find* any evidence! That's all. Luv 'n' stuff, the Gumshoe Goddess, Nancy Druid :-) P.S. John Wilkes Booth, LOL

Email  

Urban myth. Cass Elliot died of a heart attack. There was no food in her trachia.

That's my whole point Mr. B.
Re: "Cardiac Event".

How long did that conspiricy theory last until the coroner's report surfaced.

Peace,
DLM

Where was the "conspiracy" in accidentally choking on a sandwich, as many of us once thought Mama Cass had done till we heard otherwise? It was just a myth...probably got started 'cos she was fat and someone speculated she'd been pigging out, poor lady.

Quote: DLM3201

That's my whole point Mr. B.
Re: "Cardiac Event".

How long did that conspiricy theory last until the coroner's report surfaced.

Peace,
DLM

Email  

Hi Laurie, Yes, I didn't make it clear which duck I was referring to. My guess is that the probable cause of death was due to a breakdown of the bodily functions/organs due to severe substance abuse.

Which is one of the reasons I give thanks to the universe several times a day that I survived all my addictions.

I have been clean and sober for 11 years now. Hooray!

Email  

Hey Don, you "called" my duck correctly. :)

Email  

Hi Laurie, you are right to say that truth can be stranger than fiction and that conspiracies do exist.

I go with the odds that the most obvious explanation is probably the true one, but I never close my mind to anything.

I have been proven wrong often enough to know that when I pontificate, I am probably going to find egg on my face.

Email  

Quote: Laurie

...probably got started 'cos she was fat and someone speculated she'd been pigging out, poor lady.

[/quote]

Hi Laurie, I am not at all overweight, but if I had to guess how I am going to die, it will probably be from pigging out on my ex husband's magnificent cooking. Not a bad way to go.

Email  

Quote: Robin
Jeremy, what does STR mean?

Stuttgart, Germany in reference to a post on HisTube...

Thank you very much for answering my question, Jeremy.

Email  

It wasn't so much a conspiracy as a rumor amongst the British press (who are even more eager for scandal than the American press) that got totelly out of hand. It was known that there was a partially eaten sandwich next to Cass's bed, somebody (nobody knows or weill admit who) speculated she might have choked on said sandwich (probably directed at Cass's weight), and it went totally out of control from there.

Email  

Its sad she had to go at her young age. My heart goes out to her loved ones and friends. You could see from her past appearances that there was some type of problem. Whitneys past continued to dog her.Sadly she is not alone among these dragons,who steal us away on a daily basis. We take notice when its a celebrity but its happening to our neighbor as we read this. Sorry to be a tail dragger!

Email  

Agreed, one must stay open to the possiblities, but follow the evidence where it goes. My detective friends tell me 90% the evidence leads to a totally mundane conclusion - plot twists and sharp turns of event happen mostly in movies, books, and television.

Email  

"Agreed, one must stay open to the possiblities, but follow the evidence where it goes. My detective friends tell me 90% the evidence leads to a totally mundane conclusion - plot twists and sharp turns of event happen mostly in movies, books, and television."
I wouldn't disagree. My point is that the rule doesn't negate the exception, so the potential for the exception must always be borne in mind. When weird stuff happens, it happens, and it can be very, very weird. The frequency or lack thereof is ultimately immaterial.

Email