Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: Not that anyone gives (or should give) a rip . . .
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Not that anyone gives (or should give) a rip . . .

Communication breakdown is mankind's worst enemy - the more we communicate, the better it is. Love, Peace and Rock'n Roll to you all.

(I may be wrong, but I won't be wrong always..)

Led Zep Oct 28'72, one of the best gigs in my life!!!

Thanks Don. I give a rip. These issues are both upsetting and confusing to me, to be honest. I'm not going to be long winded - I just want to say I already miss DLM, Laurie and Robin and hope they are just too busy to check in.

Toni, you are virtually saint-like - not Saintorum, either - in your patience refereeing this dysfunctional mob. Thanks for caring.

Oh, and just to clarify, the giving a rip was about my opinion, not caring overall.

Being naturally cranky and crabby, I'm probably guiltier than most of being a misguided lout with my spouting off, but I usually know when to quit taking myself seriously and go to my corner for a well needed time-out or nap.

Email  

Gee Don, thanks for specifying I'm not like Saintorum. For a second there, I thought I was going to have to jump in the shower.

Ya know, though, we're all guilty of being crabby, being misunderstood, or just plain old being dumb sometimes...aren't friends supposed to get over it?

Yes, but unfortunately, when I tell somebody they need to get over it, they never seem to see the wisdom of my point of view . . .

Of course Wagstaff gets over it at the barzeebo - often to the point where he gets under it!

Email  

A double Wagstaff and a pint of Reg would bring eternal peace of mind to the board. Bork, bork, bork - the Swedish chef has spoken..

Quote: Toni
...Ya know, though, we're all guilty of being crabby, being misunderstood, or just plain old being dumb sometimes...aren't friends supposed to get over it?

Toni, for me the answer is an unequivical "YES"

Email  

Thanks for all this, Donno. Yup, yup, and more yup. Except maybe the last point made, as cited here. Gender-based thinking differences are to be cherished when they aren't driving us all nuts. But hey, I'm always up for an adventure. :-)

Quote: Don B.
Just a few words regarding the Roly Poly Chick Post Debate and Sh*te-Sling . . .

Second, When the mood strikes, nobody is wordier than I, nor sillier - so Laurie, Robin, and anybody else concerned about talking too much "fuggedaboutit!"

Fourth, if you express yourself, you need to accept the possiblity of critique and have a thick skin to match. .....

...... Yes, sometimes the opposing genders get frustrated with each other, but it has more to do with mindsets than wordiness. Men and women often think differently - it is a part of the great mystery of life and is to be cherished.

. . .

Email