Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: Fools Rush In Where Rush Fouls Up
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fools Rush In Where Rush Fouls Up

Laurie, I hope the answer to your question is----Yes, Yes, Yes, a thousand times, Yes.

Love is a joyful and miraculous gift and we turn our backs on it to our detriment. Take this from a woman who has been alone for 10 years and has said "no" far too many times. I am even thinking of taking my own advice at the next opportunity.

The debate that I thought would be fun, and yes, they did tour around the country debating was Timothy Leary and G. Gordon Liddy.

Talk about polarization!

Email  

Hi Toni, I suspect that that the fallout from the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation fiasco/faux pas rekindled an awareness and the Rush thing cemented it. These incidents coming so close together are a wakeup call to women that we are sleeping on our power and we will have only ourselves to blame if we don't stand up and use it.

Love itself is wonderful, Robin, but at this point in my life, after a series of passionate, time-consuming, and exhausting relationships through the decades, I've needed more "me" time. There are certain things I still want to accomplish before leaving the planet. Perhaps I can do so without turning into a Pagan nun, however. Recently saw an "old" flame (who's actually younger than I am) and realized I could definitely reignite. ;-)

Quote: Robin
Laurie, I hope the answer to your question is----Yes, Yes, Yes, a thousand times, Yes.

Love is a joyful and miraculous gift and we turn our backs on it to our detriment. Take this from a woman who has been alone for 10 years and has said "no" far too many times. I am even thinking of taking my own advice at the next opportunity.

Email  

Great post, DLM....but I wonder, you don't think it's that they don't think you're worth keeping, do you?

Quote: DLM3201
the batteries on my abacus must be weak.
how about 2.9 million of Chinese ancestry?

50.8% of 311,591,917 are women?

And I can't find one worth keeping?

Peace,
DLM

Quote: Toni
Great post, DLM....but I wonder, you don't think it's that they don't think you're worth keeping, do you?

could be.
maybe I don't measure up after a few years with them.
more than likely, they try to put a leash on me, and the old dog likes to roam the neighborhood.

Oh it's the "it's not you, it's me syndrome"
back in the day I was so hip they called me @ss.

Peace,
DLM

I sure hope after this year Superpacs become illegal

I hope the SuperPacs become illegal too...and I hope you find a woman who lets you roam a bit!

Hi Laurie. I envy you in a way. To have had so many passionate love affairs that you prefer to experience other things must be very nice. I have only had one relationship in my entire life. It was a once-in-a-lifetime romance and I feel honored to have experienced it.

I have had 10 years of high-quality alone time and I do feel that it is a luxury I appreciate with all my heart.

Younger men are wonderful. I am fortunate to have a lovely selection of men at my salsa dancing club to date if I choose to. It is hard to always say "no" but my problem is that I am scared to death to say "yes".

Funny how life is.