Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Laurie

Thanks, Robin. :-) I've gotten tens therapy at the chiropractor's, but maybe I should get one of those traction thingies to have at home. Sounds like we're close in age-- I just turned 60 on the 6th. Alvin's music makes me feel like I'm 17 again, too! 1969 "was a very good year", to quote the Sinatra song... ;-)

Quote: Robin
Laurie, I admire your attitude. I always take things far too personally. I feel your pain re the neck arthritis. I recently obtained a tens unit and one of those over-the-door traction devices which help immensely , although I doubt they can help with the temperature changes.

Email  

I was going to take a vacation from the board, at least for a day or two, but of course, despite waking up with a bad headache, I was curious to see what may have been written in this thread since I last posted. I appreciate your good intentions, Dave, but I find I can't resist commenting that it wasn't arguing politics that caused the problem here last night. It was the point at which Dale let loose with overt and seemingly hostile personal insult-- that I've allegedly been "blasting" people on the board and then "snuggling up" to them when they agree with me, that I "always" misquote them, making their comments about me when they're not, indulging in "paranoia", etc.-- all of which was so startling and hurtful that I couldn't help but defend myself. NONE of that was fated to be simply because we were talking politics! His attacking me personally among friends in a public forum just because I was debating Obama with him more stringently or successfully than he was apparently comfortable with is not OK with me, and if I can't say so in reply, then to Hel with it all. It was wrong of him, deeply offensive to me, and it just wasn't in me to back down. I wanted him and everyone who was reading to know exactly what I thought of it, though I sought to word myself reasonably, if angrily and with characteristic forthrightness. I don't believe in sweeping things under a rug. Nothing gets learned that way. This kind of sorting-out process needs to happen after something like this, in my view, or the whole thing was in vain. Dale's insults were extreme, unwarranted, and I think an apology is an order.

Quote: Dave May.
Laurie, what Dale does't realize is that comparing the Prez. And fmr. Prez. Carter, is like comparing Carter and poppy ( Read my lips..) Bush. Arguing politics or religion is death to a friendship. Don't fall for it you two!

Email  

Happy Birthday Laurie.

I will be 60 in April. I look forward to it. My youngest son is getting married two days after my birthday. I will be spending my b-day alone with my two sons walking around Manhattan, which is my favorite thing to do there.

I spent over $2,000 at the chiro getting tens treatments at $50 per 15-minute treatment. It helped a lot, but I stopped because that is a lot of money. You can imagine how upset I was to find that a very good quality home unit can be purchased online for about $30 or $40. You may need a prescription, I am not sure. But, now whenever I feel a flare-up coming on, I zap myself with the tens unit and it never develops. I was almost in despair and now I am happy as a lark.

As for Alvin and his music.... this morning I noticed that I have the smile of Mona Lisa on my face at all times. It feels so good to have his music and his face and his voice running through me like a river, every waking moment.

It is good to know that I am not alone in cherishing those juicy feelings of young love (and other things ). I wonder if men can really know just how powerful Alvin's attraction is for women.

Email  

Quote: Robin
.......I wonder if men can really know just how powerful Alvin's attraction is for women. ......
Oh, I imagine about 10% of them do! ;-)

Email  

Ah, yes.

Email