Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: Re: Move over Girona (Part 2)
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Move over Girona (Part 2)

Well, You have some players that play the same song note for note everytime if you do this then it starts to become unfeelin after a time just repetive!If you play by your heart and let what is there out you will be makin a statement everytime,and add life to your music! and anyone listening at that moment should feel special,Most of the time the arpegos and Rythem defines the song but I look for the hidden message which Alvin delivers everytime,Thats why he is so megnetic! Man I woulda traded muh Best cow ta have been there!!

Email   Nuff Said  
Re: Move over Girona (Part 2)

Thanks Alan....I was nearly there beside you and Pieter while I was reading your report....I so dearly want to have an opportunity to see Alvin play "I'm Gonna Make It" along with the other tunes we've come to know so well....What a special time and memory for you guys....My memories of all the old TYA shows I went to are well in tact....I just want to add at least one more of Alvin before he really does decide to retire....Thanks for putting us on the front row for a little while....

Great review, Alan.
And, Glenn, Alvin will never retire!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Move over Girona (Part 2)

I agree - Alan always writes wonderful reviews. Don't tell him, but I'm nicking this one to print in an upcoming fanzine issue.

And I also agree that Alvin will never retire - not entirely anyway. He can't - he has that devil music in him!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Move over Girona (Part 2)

Alan, good stuff - ah, better yet, great stuff. You do have a knack for putting us right there! Mucho gusto, my friend.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Move over Girona (Part 2)

Thanks for a great review, Alan! Reading your words I could almost hear Alvin, Pete, and Richard.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Move over Girona (Part 2)

Did ya see that Alan?? You could be eating some prime southern beef right about now!!!

Oh well, I think you made the right choice. Great review!!! I could just hear Alvin doing his best Scotty Moore licks on "That's Alright Mama"! Try it at soundcheck, and then actually play it that night. Now THAT'S rock and roll!!!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Move over Girona (Part 2)

thankyou alan for a great review....
really felt the atmosphere and excitement..

Email  
Re: Move over Girona (Part 2)

THANK YOU!!

Just fehlt like I was in there !!! Thans a lot Alan !!