Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: Re: Painting/One More added
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Painting/One More added

Toni, do you know if "Moonlight Lady" and "Icon" are the same model? If so, do you know who it is? The one that grabs me most for some reason is "Beach Bum". I take it as Alvin saying to whoever the woman is "I can see right through you". I agree with an earlier post where someone said it reminded them of Salvadore Dali. The tree really draws me in.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Painting/One More added

Another nice Alvin Lee Art (A.L.A) painting. A beautifull model painted in the night under stars with the moon reflecting on her face,a tuch of Andy Warhol... I also liked The Beach Bum painting best with a tuch of Dali... very bright coulours ,and the misterious see trough round hole in the girl who is stepping over the horizon.
Why not organize a exibition in the towns he plays live,where you can buy signed prints,lito`s or originals,( although i doubt that Alvin will sell originals), one day before the concert and one day after???).

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Painting/One More added

Very mystical, you can almost feel that woman is hiding some secret... And the contrast between the left, and right side of her face, with the moonlight reflection on the darker side, shows that the painter was very interested in finding out what's her secret...

Email  

I think that at least right now Alvin is not interested in selling originals or prints. This is something he does for fun, not profit - although I think it would be wonderful if we could convince him that he's certainly good enough to do both.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Painting/One More added

The moment you hang a price tag, it stops being fun.

Re: Re: Re: Painting/One More added

I honestly don't know Rob, although I think I know who the inpiration for Moonlight Lady is (and, as its just a guess, I'll keep it to myself).

I think the real meaning of art is whatever the viewer sees in it - Alan saw the lady in Beachbum as heartless - and while I think that's a viable conclusion - I see it more your way. Of course, I'm fixating on the fact that the long legs may represent Evi (she really does have gorgeous long legs - ask Alan), so I see that in a positive light - I can see right through you, we have no secrets, we're soulmates. Take Evi out of the equation, and Alan's interpretation is probably right. (Hmmm, and this is why we probably shouldn't even try to find meanings).

As for Recurring Dream,is Alvin taking his music back to its roots - to its birth?

I don't think back is a good word,I think that new is better,the egg reps,a new life in the making,and when that new life becomes to exsistence you leave everything behind, hence the nude,left everything except his guitar both to be reformed New!nothing of old

Email   Nuff Said  

I Understand he does not paint becouse of the money. But i would be nice for some die hard fans to have a proudly print or copy from the Master on there wall.

Email  

Yes, I agree now. I think you have this one down. If it wasn't what Alvin meant, it should have been!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Painting/One More added

Die hard fans nothing - I think art fans would be happy to have some of these. This is real talent. Lets just hope he considers selling them someday, Pieter

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Painting/One More added

I wish he would, Toni, but feel that he won't, at least not without a lot of urging and then after a lot of thought. My reasoning is the same reason Alvin doesn't like to film concerts - when the red light in on, it stops being about the perfomance for the audience. I think the "red light" of a price tag may dampen the experience for him.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Painting/One More added

"I think the real meaning of art is whatever the viewer sees in it"

I agree with that statement Toni. I also apply that same logic to song lyrics. Everyone seems to have different interpretations of what they mean, and that's what makes music(and art) so interesting, is that so many different people see it from so many different angles(sometimes even aruing about it). And every one of the interpretations COULD be far removed from what the writer/artist was really feeling/projecting while creating their work.

Email