Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right

wow that kid rocks!! might just take your advice on that what you said about ignoring the rest.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right

That is one cool wee guy Toni, bet the T-shirt and the mouth were smeared with chocolate within minutes!

Henrik, I've always considered you a valuable member of our gang, and will always continue to do so. I have to pick up on something Toni said, and add that, by association, Dave Willey did the band immense harm in my book with his purile behaviour towards Toni and Alvin. The English language really doesn't have any words which are descriptive enough to 'pigeon-hole' him as a particular type of moron. He is obviously very hard working and dedicated, so why-oh-why does he have to spoil all that, by making people sick to their stomachs? It's wholly unecessary and frankly, inexcusable.

HE associates himself with the band, and the BAND appear comfortable to associate with him, perhaps they see him as a necessarily evil, but the sum and substance his that the stink will hang in the air for a very long time.

If Toni ever has the mind to forgive (which I very much doubt), she sure as hell will never forget.

Later,

Alan.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right

Thanks Alan. You know, I always go back to the same thing - when TYAN formed, I wrote the news to our mailing list. I can still quote what I said "We wish the band well, but wish they'd use a different name". From that, 3 years of anger and nastiness have ensued, thanks to and fueled by one person. We had some fairly nasty slingfests early on, and I will admit that there were people on this board who were as offensive at times as DW was (and I also admit that in my own frustration and anger at what was being said about Alvin, I was sometimes less than kind to LL&C) - I guess that's why Waggie is okay with me. His approach at least tempered the vicious fighting.

I do understand, though, as I'm sure Wagstaff also does, that if you haven't been around for all of the viciousness, it may seem mean spirited at times, especially to those, like you, that have made some sort of peace with Dave. (I'd warn you to watch your back, but I know you're smarter than that.) I tried that once - it was a dismal failure - and have no interest in ever trying again. But I have always thought the world of you, Henrik, and I neither want you to feel uncomfortable here nor do I want to lose you. So please, hang around and please ignore what isn't palatable to you. Life goes on, and who knows, it may even change someday.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right

Sure there is peace between me and Dave, we don't communicate...I reckon it must be over two years now, and that's the way it will stay, believe me!

I turn away from people of his ilk in everyday life, and follow the same philosophy on the internet...they're a waste of space.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right

Oops - I meant Henrik, not you, in terms of making peace with DW, Alan. But come to think of it, I've made peace too - based on someone we know and love's suggestion, I simply don't go to his board at all anymore. Saves a lot of aggravation.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right

I just reread my earlier post. Duh. I guess I should have addressed the 2nd paragraph to Henrik. Good thing our resident teachers weren't listening!

Email  
Re: A lesson in how to do it right

THATS A HANDSOME LITTLE MAN THERE TONI, COOL BUDDY (GREAT SMILE HE HAS) PEACE PAUL

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right

Iam a granddad as well 3 as a matter of fact! and if you can't approach life with a little humor then life is no good , I love to laugh and humor brings relife to a stressful situation,And trickin yo ass is exactly what they or any one does when they mislead people into thinkin they are or can do somphin,Products mislead the public better read the fine print!! Sorry Grand pa maybe you need to look at the humor in somphin before you stress out!!!

Hansom your man I'll post some of mine later!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right

Henrik, you seam like an intellegent Fellow, so I must say if you go to a show of any sort and you know what to expect when you get there and you got what you were expecting, No its not a Trick,however when you were expecting to get 1 thing and you get another,then either you were mistaken on what was to be there or you were tricked,or misinformed,If you had a great time and enjoyed the show Great!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right

Intelligent, maybe - suffering from the "any rock star will do" syndrome - yes indeedy. How else could someone live with himself for going over to the dark side and being all gushy and friendly with that sad old potty mouth?? Hey, I got no problem with anybody who has anemic taste in guitar players, but really - sucking up to Dave? Yucko Henrik.

Oh - and T-ricked Y-o A-s-s ain't only funny, its exactly what they did. And the Wagster just tells it like it is.

Email  

Thank you Patty!!

Nuff Said  

Patty. Kiss my a@@! Any rockstar will do? Excuse me but you don't know me. Just getting a bit fed up with all the disrespectful posts, and yours haven't made it any better. Who are you to critizise me? D#%& that p"##¤s me off. If I hadn't been drunk I might even have been rude!!

Email  

Just read Pattys post again, and Jesus Christ, that really represents everything I hate about this ongoing "war" of the sites. It's music for Gods sake, not world peace or global warming!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right

WOW were did you get that potty mouth?? learned dat from da dark side, did ja?? jus calm down granpa,before you pop a needed somphin!! Patty was jus replying to your Uh? disrespect on other post,the what goes around thang jus may apply here,don't you think?? Iam not anphibus we can't read yo mind,So why don't you tell me who you are and what your all about, And please be careful what you say Iam senseitive!!

Nuff Said  
Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right

OK. folks. it's my turn. I tried to keep my mouth shut, but my comments have turned into a long thread of discussion.

Henrik, you and I don't agree, and that's OK. BUT - I was around a long time before you came on the scene and saw all of the abuse Dave heaped on Toni and Alvin that you don't even know about. I've also seen this guy promise to turn over a new leaf more often than a politician in an election year, only to come back with the same old lies and abuse. I have also seen the out and out lies the Alvin Lee Tribute Band told, perpetuated, and distributed all in the name of making a few bucks.

I tried - and you can ask Toni if you don't believe me - to keep an open mind, and was personally subjected to erronious and slanderous e-mails from Dave himself.

Now, if you want to keep an open mind about all of the nonsense coming out of the Alvin Lee Tribute Band camp, more power to you. But I have been there, done that, and have examined this nonsense far longer than you. I'M glad you can think of yourself as a peace maker. But it does not make you a better person than I when I tell you I have a pretty good bullsh*t detector and know d@mned good and well when somebody is peeing on my leg and telling me it's a rainstorm.

I agree to disagree wth you, Henrik. Let's leave it at that.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right

Guess I blew a fuse there. I blame it on Juno, a small island of the coast of Scotland. If they hadn't insisted on exporting their 10 year old single malt whisky to Denmark, my temper might have been more controlled.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right

**** Scotts !!! I've had the same problem with those 's in Milwaukee!!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A lesson in how to do it right

Turns out the island was Jura, not Juno. If your ever near a single malt from there, don't hesitate, DOWN THE HATCH!!

Email