Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: Re: Re: Open minds - revisited
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Open minds - revisited

I don't understand what the dispute is ,Tya ric and the gang are top notch for sure,its just the orgi.TYA tunes that Alvin put on top cannot be copied the approval of REAL TYA fans! is that so hard to understand,Joe and the gang needs to make their own mark!And I know they can do it !!They are holding themselves Back!

Email  

"They just aren't the same band, and the missing ingredient is the reason I became a fan".
It does'nt get much clearer than that Toni . I feel pretty much the same way. I'll give the TYA rythm section their dues as musicians, and from the samples I've heard JG is a decent guitarist (although not my bag), but I would'nt actualy pay to go see them without Alvin, as I would definitely pay to see Alvin.

Email  

Yes it is repectless from the NTYA to play, Here Me Calling. I woke Up This Morning, Love Like a Man, Good Morning Little Schoolgirl,Love to change the world,Choo Choo Mama, I am Going Home, etc,etc,live,while Alvin Lee still is playing these (Alvin Lee written songs) on stage himself nowadays. Worse it is , to put those Alvin Lee written songs on the NTYA live album. And take credit for them.
But i think the money rules it all with the NTYA.
That is what it makes it so sad,confusion and misleading for the real fans. So silly of them to compete with Alvin ,by using Alvin`s songs. It is like making a copy of a picasso or a Rembrand and take credit for it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Open minds - revisited

Man Pieter!! thats really gonna start em VIBRATIN!!!!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Open minds - revisited

Yeah, I agree that TYAN performing songs Alvin wrote is in bad taste, especialy since Toni had mentioned TYA did'nt even bother to extend an invitation to Alvin to play with them. I don't have so much of a problem with them doing something like "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl", considering that every blues man on earth has done a variation on it already, from John Lee Hooker to Johnny Winter, from Junior Wells to The Yardbirds. But for them to perform "I'd Love To Change The World", and then tout it as "the first time ever played live", like they're doing something special, is just not cool at all. And the sample of it I heard, I have to agree with Toni, sounds out of tune and just, well, cheesy. Nothing like the passion in the original version.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Open minds - revisited

The whole thing that TNYA is still playing Alvin`s songs live and on there records is embarrasing and a shame for such a fine person as Alvin Lee.
Alvin deserve not to be compared with his own songs with the other band.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Open minds - revisited

There IS no comparison!!!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Open minds - revisited

You know, Rob, I continue to be delighted with your posts. You're younger than most of us who gather here, so its great to know who have such cool taste in music. Hooray for older brothers and sisters!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Open minds - revisited

Thank you Miss Toni, I feel honored.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Open minds - revisited

you where doin alright there,until you said Miss TONI,Dang!!

Email