Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: Re: Re: Re: Who are Alvins favorite guitar players?
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Who are Alvins favorite guitar players?

I was kind of amazed when I read an old interview and Alvin said he was a big fan of Steve Miller!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who are Alvins favorite guitar players?

Hmmm...sure he wasn't simply putting on the interviewer?

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who are Alvins favorite guitar players?

I think Alvin Lee has much of guitarplaying style from Jazzy chords Rocabilly and straightforward 12 bars texas bluesrock with a tuch of chuck berry. You can hear it in his solo`s and fast chordschancing.Nowadays spanish guitarplayer will have his attention i think.
I think Scotty Moore "Rules" as one of his biggest favorites.
As Alvin Lee "Rules" for me , for me his style is fast,rough,loud,and straightforward,full of energy and musicaly genious. Al the others like blackmoore ,Page,Clapton,are equal to me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who are Alvins favorite guitar players?

If ya'll go back to the homepage here and scroll down to the "special features" section, there's an interview with Alvin where he mentions some of his influences. I'm sure most already know this, but a few may have over looked it. It's VERY interesting. And I agree with Toni about the Steve Miller remark. Myself, I'm a big fan of his (especialy his early work before the keyboards took over). But I seriously doubt Alvin sat around strumming his guitar to "Fly Like A Beagle" , altough tunes such as "Living In The USA" might have had his head bobbing along once or twice. Who knows. It seems like in the 60's everyone listened to everything and were'nt so quick to dismiss something until they actualy HEARD it and judged for them selves, or so I've read .

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who are Alvins favorite guitar players?

Wow. Someone who actually checks out the website. My eternal gratitude, Rob.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who are Alvins favorite guitar players?

Heck Toni!! I just found out today there are other pages ????I thought when everything went down to the bottom of this page, it went into, A Space In Time!!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who are Alvins favorite guitar players?

Oh, I love your website. I've learned so much more about Alvin from it and appreciate him even more. I was fortunate enough to have an older brother who turned me onto all the great guitarist's from the 60's and 70's. Unfortunately, growing up in the early 80's as I did, well, the music sucked. The only ones who influenced my playing from that era were Stevie Ray Vaughan and Robert Cray. As far as TYA, of course I'd heard "I'm Goin' Home" from Woodstock and was blown away. One performance of one song made me realize that Alvin's a guitar slinger on a par with anyone to ever hold that title. Ever! My brother had the "Space In Time" album, and while I use to try and play along with "I'd Love To Change The World", I was for some reason drawn to the song that goes "I got water on my brain" . Speaking of "ILTCTW", I'd strum along and got the first few licks of solo right after he goes "Oh Yeah!!!", then I'd close my eyes, drop back to playing rythm and pretend I was onstage playing with him . Hey, I was like 11 or 12 years old at the time. Ok.....who I'm I kidding....I STILL do that

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who are Alvins favorite guitar players?

I do too

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who are Alvins favorite guitar players?

What a great post Rob !!

I know what you are saying !! I have a eighteen year old who took up the guitar and was blown away by Alvin and had lessons with someone my age who became a guitar player, when HIS older brother brought home Undead for him to listen too.

Because of my brother, I know words to doo-wap songs and most of the early Dylan albums.

Jon

Email