Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Astros Win / Sox win it all!
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Astros Win / Sox win it all!

YA YOU,RE RIGHT SCOTT, I STILL HAVE MY VIVID MEMORIES OF ONE OF THE GREATEST ALL ROUND PLAYERS EVER THE GREAT ONE (ROBERTO CLEMENTE)TO TIDE ME OVER I WAS JUST PAST THE BALL PARK ON SATURDAY ON MY WAY TO THE PITT FOOTBALL GAME , AND HAD A CHANCE TO SEE THE HUGH BRONZE STATUE OUTSIDE THE GATE OF ROBERTO AGAIN, THATS ALWAYS COOL AND THAT KEEPS HOPE ALIVE SEE YA, LATER SCOTT PEACE PAUL

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Astros Win / Sox win it all!

Yeah, Roberto! Forgot to mention him. Certainly one of the best ever...The Pirates have an esteemed history. As a kid I actually listened to much of the 13 inning perfect game Haddix pitched against the Braves (tells you how old I am). Baseball has a gotten it's team parity equation solved a bit better in the past few years. The Twins and Oakland A's recently are, and I'm sure the Pirates will someday soon be, serious rivals to the "others".

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Astros Win / Sox win it all!

THATS COOL SCOTT, YEAH I GUESS THAT DOES DATE YOU A BIT BUD HEY WE SHOULD BOTH BE HAPPY AT LEAST WE HAVE A TEAM TO COMPLAIN ABOUT I GOT TO SEE THE LAST GAME AT FORBES FEILD, WHICH WAS COOL. I,LL NEVER FORGET SCOTT THEY WERE RAFFLING STUFF OFF THE WHOLE GAME , AND OUR TICKET NUMBER WAS CALLED , AND WE WAITED IN THIS HUGH LINE AFTER THE GAME , AND WE WON A BOX OF POTATOE CHIPS

Email  
Re: Astros Win!

Congrats to the ASTROS!

(this is from a Braves fan)

The first real ball game I went to many years ago was a game between the Braves and Astros. Lasted 14 innings and Joe Torre hit a homerun for the Braves to win.

Email  

Sorry for my seemingly inapproprate post above.
I was cheering the Astros on in the WS.

I got out of the house early for a drs. appt. and didn't see the news this morning.
I didn't get the sad news about the Cubs until I got to work.
Sorry Glenn.
When your team goes out of the game (Braves), you have to find another team to root for.........any Southern team against any northern team gets my support.

Email  
Re: Re: Astros Win!

You may refer to my post of 10/21-Go White Sox!

Email  

Hey Lou, you have a crystal ball or something?

I guess you made a killing off the series with that premonition!

Email  

My bets were down in April and I've very pleased with the outcome. Chicago deserves a champion baseball team and sox fans are the greatest-many Alvin Lee fans among 'em. You may recall when Alvin wore the blackhawks jersey on stage years ago-nice tribute to some great athletes!

Email  

Lou....Congrats on the sweep....Chicago has a very good team....Houston was shut out something like 17 times this year and was 15-30 in late May, so this was a remarkable second season in a row of unbelievable comebacks just to get into the playoffs, much less the World Series....For those of you that watched any one game, or every inning of every game like I did, I hope you would agree that both teams put on an interesting series regardless of the sweep....Chicago is a great baseball city....Houston really had a great time hosting the first ever World Series Games played in Texas....I don't know if Fox showed it or not, but the Astros came back onto the field shortly after the game and spent quite a bit of time thanking the fans for their support....I'm actually glad this is over....If Houston would have taken it to game 7, I don't think my old heart could have stood anymore....The 14 inning game d..n near killed me....Tip of the Cap to Chicago and the Sox, we were just happy to finally get there....

Alvin Lee fans know great music and great baseball!I'd love to see him play the Star Spangled Banner at a Sox game next year!

Email