Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Index > General Discussion > Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board > Re: Re: Re: Re: Brains, renovations, hurricanes and Pieter
Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Brains, renovations, hurricanes and Pieter

I lived "away" for eons. Grew up in NYC but basically left at age 20 & after being a vagabond throughout the UK and Europe, I ended up in L.A. at age 24 (but I had a hell of lot more stamina than now and used to fly to New York at least 2 or 3 times a year, plus my folks visited me at least once a year). I moved to Florida 6 years ago. Knew I was in trouble when a local hamburger joint's version of a "California burger" came with sour cream and bacon. Not only that, there isn't a Trader Joe's anywhere in the entire God forsaken state!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brains, renovations, hurricanes and Pieter

Maybe you should consider moving to Delhi, Toni! We get avocados here, have great Mexican food, have a Trader Joe's within driving distance, and would be able to keep a closer eye on Wagstaff! The housing is reasonably priced, unlike the rest of CA! Besides, we don't have earthquakes OR hurricanes! Well, at least as long as Lola doesn't get too ticked off about whatever silly thing I did THIS time.

True, it's not a major megalopolis (or even a minor one) but highways 5 and 99 are nearby, and everybody loves a ROAD TRIP!

Seriously, though, take care of yourselves. Our thougths and prayers are with you.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brains, renovations, hurricanes and Pieter

NO TRADER JOES?????????????!!!!!!!!!!
That's it-get outta there NOW! LOL!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brains, renovations, hurricanes and Pieter

No kidding. Without a Trader Joe's, Wagstaff wouldn't be able to get any Two Buck Chuck wine to fill up the bottles of good stuff he drinks ina feeble effort to fool my wife, the charming and lovely Lola!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brains, renovations, hurricanes and Pieter

Iam sorry people the only way you could get me in florida is at 30,000 ft going 400mph,bad things happened in florida during the 60s they did not like hippies and I was a hippie, that picked peas on a state work farm for 30 days for hitch hiking

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brains, renovations, hurricanes and Pieter

Hmmm...only thing wrong with that Ronnie is that everywhere in the South - Mississippi included - hated hippes. Not that I'm defending Florida, can't believe my friend Toni moved there!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brains, renovations, hurricanes and Pieter

Now, now, there are some things about Florida I like. Lynyrd Skynyryd, for examples hails from Florida. I enjoyed the Florida Keys when I visited there, for another. The weather, when the dad gum wind isn't blowing like (in fact exactly like) a hurricane is nice, too.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brains, renovations, hurricanes and Pieter

Been trying to call the Boss Lady with no answer all day today or yesterday. Assume all is well as the hurricane is still a couple of days away - Waggie, she isn't hiding out in Delhi is she? I KNOW how much she misses Trader Joe's.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brains, renovations, hurricanes and Pieter

Believe it or not, Waggie is passed out in some bar in Cozumel. He got a great deal on air-fare and flew the whole staff down - guess he didn't check the WEATHER REPORT, or maybe he wanted to report on the hurriane. Who knows? He usually sems to bungle into the most imporant stories in some hap-hazard liquor-hazed manner.

Haven't seen the boss lady here in Delhi, but will go to Trader Joe's to see if she's seeking refuge there. Toni, if you read this, you and JJ are more than welcome to come stay with us - Delhi has never had a hurricane or earthquake (it just LOOKS like it) and we can make daily runs to Trader Joe's for essenial supplies!

Seriously, Toni, take care of yourself. We're hoping and praying for you.

Tell Wilma to go home to Fred!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brains, renovations, hurricanes and Pieter

The only thing I can say during the 60s I hitched all over the US woodstock etc.the only place I had real trouble was in florida.

Email