Return to Website

Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board

We invite you to use this forum to communicate with Alvin's fans around the world, but please do so with respect and goodwill.
We reserve the right to delete any messages we deem offensive.

Guestbook

Forum: Alvin Lee Message & Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Teeth!

I reckon Henrik used to be a vet. He probably examined Mrs. Henrik's chompers before he asked her to marry him.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Teeth!

I sent Alan a picture of my wife. If you listen carefully you'll hear his jaw drop any minute now!! I reckon my wife is the most beautiful woman I've ever met. Teeth and all!!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Teeth!

Wanna trade?

I sent you one of mine Henrik...one of my photos, not one of my wives....Oh never mind!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teeth!

Actually,Richie Havens is missing ALL of his teeth - but later pictures show him with a full set of chompers!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teeth!

Rosie's mum is always putting things in places of safety and forgetting where she puts them.

A few years back, we had planned an evening out, which included a meal to celebrate her birthday. You know what's coming next....don't you? Got it in one!!!!!! The dentures went AWOL on the day before the night out. Frantic searches of her house failed to uncover the missing set, so we all had to go out with the toothless terror. Birthday kisses were an ordeal beyond belief, in fact she sucked so hard on Rosie's cheek, we had to prise the lips off with the back of a spoon, leaving an enormous hickey on Rosies face.

To cap it all, the old dear ordered steak for dinner, we tried to disuade her, but she was adamant, and by the time she had sucked her way through her meal, coffee and mints had been served. We took photos later on, and she wondered why nobody wanted a photo with her, after all, it was HER birthday celebration. We had to relent to stop her moaning.

The missing teeth turned up on the Sunday in her dressing gown pocket. She picked off the fluff, gave them a quick rinse, and popped them straight in her gob. Yuck!

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teeth!

I remember reading an interview with Ron Mael of Sparks - the geeky looking one of the Mael brothers (even though they're "identical" twins) - who plays the keyboards. This was over thirty years ago, and he was asked why he had such an unhip image. He replied that he "didn't want to look like Alvin Lee, with his broken teeth" etc.

All comments/complaints etc. to Sparks' website please, not to me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teeth!

See what happens when you nip down to the school bogs for a smoke during Tact and Diplomacy lessons....you end up like Rod...so be warned children.

Email  
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teeth!

Being as it was over thirty years ago I can't actually remember for sure whether it was broken, chipped, cracked, or whatever teeth. But it was something of that nature. However, the reason that it caught my attention at the time - and has obviously stayed with me since - is that I hadn't a clue what he was on about, as Alvin's gnashers (as much as I have paid attention to them - which isn't a lot) have always appeared to be in perfectl;y fine fettle to me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teeth!

But while we're on the subject: check out "before" and "after" photos of the gnashers of George Harrison, Keith Richards and David Bowie to see at least three extensive and expensive examples of what rock stars are able to spend their money on.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teeth!

Ron Mael of Sparks. Who???

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teeth!

Ah - but not sure if that's a genuine "who?" or a ironic/dismissive one. Sparks, are after all, American - Californian, I believe. Must now be in their mid -fifties. The Mael brothers - twins, comprising singer Russell (the cutesie one - curly Marc Bolan-type hair)and geeky Ron on keyboards (Hitler moustache, deadpan expression). Made it big in UK from about 1973-5. Quirky, jerky, type pop in falsetto voice. Backed by Brits. Still going strong, I believe.

(Please nobody now ask "Marc Bolan who?" Or this could go on a long time.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teeth!

It was genuine. Honestly - I don't' recall ever ever hearing of Sparks. And as we know, despite living in Florida now, I consider myself a Californian.

However, I've now dutifully done a search of the internet and have seen photos of this Ron Mael guy. Harrumph! He could only wish he had looked like Alvin Lee, teeth or no teeth!

Marc Bolan???

Nah, only kidding on that one. Him I've heard of.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teeth!

The Brit pop-snyth band Sparks are probably best known to we Americans for having teamed up with Jane Wiedlin, one of the guitarists for the Go-Go's during the 80's....they played together on a song called "Cool Places" that had an accompanying video which found its way into heavy rotation during the early days of MTV.

Email  
Re: Teeth!

The Sparks is great fun, if you dig glam- or "Queen type" of rock. If you want to have good time get some old video from them. They appeared at Saturday night live also in 80´s: really funny couple!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teeth!

See, I've never heard of that either (although I'm not so out of touch that I haven't heard of the Go-Go's)....I swear though, I've wracked my little brain here - Sparks simply doesn't set off any sparks of memory at all.