Trim Homepage Forum

This forum is for any questions you may have about Trim.

You can view more of my photographs on my business website :
(More information and links to my Wedding Photographer Dublin, and Photography Information)

or visit my Professional Headshot Site
​​​​​​​

or my general photography site

Trim Homepage Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Are there any Reilly's about in Trim?

My Dad always told me a story that our relatives come from Trim. If there are any Reilly's (O'Reilly's also) about I was wondering if you would drop me an email so I could ask a few questions about the local Catholic Churches. I would like to make a few inquiries to see if I have any surviving cousins.

Peace to all of Ireland in the new year.

Daniel S. Reilly

Sarasota, FL, USA

Re: Are there any Reilly's about in Trim?

Hi Daniel,
I'm a Reilly from Trim (I don't live there now). There are a number of Reilly families in Trim.
Its a common name, I think it makes it difficult to trace relatives. When did your family leave ?
John.

John,

Thanks for responding to my email. I had forgotten about it since I wrote it in 2000 I think. We had planned to travel in Ireland but things just didn't work out. We are hoping to travel there next year.

My great grandfather, Edward, left Ireland in 1867. The parish church that he grew up in was destroyed in a fire in 1880 or so along with all the family records. The only thing we know is when he died May 12, 1913 was that he had two surviving siblings alive in Ireland, Eugene and Elizabeth. Someone suggested that we travel to Trim and start searching the cemeteries for their gravestones. This may lead to surviving relatives.

Again John, thanks for responding to a long forgotten inquiry.

Regards,

Dan Reilly
Sarasota, FL, USA

Hi Daniel,
just to let you know, there was a Daniel Reilly solicitor in Trim 1931.
I think there are still Reilly solicitors on that same street.
See:
http://www.from-ireland.net/directs/meath/trim31.htm

John.