Return to Website

Physics Discussion

This is the place for questions and comments! I will usually answer questions within 24 hours, but since I am only one person, I might take a few days to get to your question. Submit your questions early if you want an answer in time!

Physics Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
just a few "fun" brainteaser kind of physics question

..just need about a 2 sentence answer for each..

1.)Consider a field of insects, all of which have the same mass. What can you say about the insects is
a)their total momentum = 0
b)their total KE = 0

2.)The weight of an object decreases when it is taken off the surface of the earth. What would happen to the weight of the object if it were taken under the earth. Why?

3.)A centripetal force cannot do work on a rotatin object. Why not?

4.)A fish rest at the bottom of a bucket of water which rest on a scale. When the the fish begins to swim around in the bucket of water how does the the reading on the scale change. Explain.

5.)Why is the wing of an airplane curved as it is?

6.)The tile floor feels uncomfortably cool when you step out of the shower but the bathmat at the same temperature feels warm. Explain.

7.)What are the properties of a good refrigerant?

8.)A small block of metal is taped to a block of wood. When the wood is placed in water with the cube on top, half the block is submerged. If the block is inverted, willthe amount of the submerged block increase, decreaseor stay the same. Explain.