Enlighten Me Free

Welcome.

Housekeeping: As is posted on the EMF Message Board page, this forum is for support, sharing opinions and experiences for those who have left RSE and have doubts and concerns about their tenure there. It is NOT a place for proselytizing for RSE, JZK Inc or Ramtha.  Play nicely or your post will be sent to cyberspace time-out for all eternity. The disclaimer for EMF is located on this page http://enlightenmefree.com/disclaimer.html and all posters agree to the terms of the disclaimer. Be sure you've read it before posting.

You may also want to visit a complementary forum at FACTNet http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/779.html

If you wish to use a Spell Checker, you may wish to use this free one: http://www.jacuba.com/

Want to contact the EMF moderators? Email messageboard@enlightenmefree.com

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please comment on this idea

I have an idea to propose, but first, some background:

When I first moved to Yelm in the late 1980s, an informal drop-in gathering for people interested in Ramtha took place every Tuesday night (I think it was Tuesday) at Mr. Doug's Restaurant. It was never advertised, but just spread by word of mouth. Back then Mr. Doug's also occupied the lower room where the furniture store is now, and that particular room was the place to go if one was in the teachings and wanted to connect with like-minded people. It was a great place to strike up a conversation with people one didn't know yet.

Lots of networking and sharing of information of all sorts took place. I didn't go every week, but when I was in the mood to get out of the house and socialize, it was nice to have the option of that one night a week.

Of course, back then a lot of people who attended had just moved to Yelm, and we were eager to network about places to rent, jobs, food storage, that sort of thing, and to talk about the teachings. At that time, there was no Masters Center, Lemuria, or Ramtha-related bulletin board, so "Mr. Doug night" really filled many needs. Lots of nights the place was buzzing with energy.

WHAT I'M PROPOSING NOW IS MUCH MORE LOW-KEY. I'M PROPOSING A WEEKLY GATHERING, BUT NOT FOR LECTURES OR TALKS. My idea is that ex-RSE students who wanted to get to know other former RSE students and possibly form some friendships would know that there was a place they could go, perhaps once a week, where they could chat informally.

The ideal place, in my opinion, would be quiet enough for talking and not expensive if one wanted to have a meal or something to drink. I'm thinking that the back area of Mr. Doug's might be one suitable spot, or perhaps an espresso place. Meeting at a time that wasn't especially busy might be a good idea too, so people wouldn't feel uncomfortable about taking up a table for a while.

WOULD ANY OF YOU BE INTERESTED IN SOMETHING ALONG THESE LINES? DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS?

Re: Please comment on this idea

ONE MORE VERY IMPORTANT THING....

Unlike this website, which has a specific purpose, the main purpose of these weekly in-person drop-ins would be to possibly facilitate some friendships among former RSE students. If the words Ramtha and RSE never came up, that would be fine by me. If there is to be "life after RSE" (LARSE), then it would be refreshing to be able to talk about other topics besides cults and Ramtha.

WHY AM I INTERESTED IN OPPORTUNITIES FOR EX-RAMSTERS TO RELAX AND SOCIALIZE? I recently realized that most of my close friends used to be involved in some way with the Ramtha teachings. (Some of us were friends long before we heard of Ramtha.) We all left RSE long ago, but we have retained our interest in spirituality and personal growth. I feel that former RSE students--as different as we all may be--have things in common that might make it easy to form friendships.

I got involved with LARSE to help others desiring to make the transition out of RSE, and I know from experience that former members can miss the sense of community they had when they were still attending events. Well, there is a large community of ex-RSE students, but until this website began, we had no way to connect. Now we do, and I for one would like the chance to make some more new friends.

This is an excellent idea. There can be a terrible sense of loss when one wakes up to the truth of RSE. Having a place to hang out would be great and you are right -there is no need to talk about RSE, life is on!

Onehand,

It seems to me that what you are proposing is part and parcel of giving support to others. It's part of moving forward with your life after RSE. Doesn't need to have a support and information meeting purpose to do that.

People can email you if they are interested in getting together for social times, and you certainly are free to post flyers around town if you want to. Of course, then you risk having your "party" crashed by those with another agenda.

If it were me, I'd have folks contact you so that you can make your plans privately. If you want to post date/time/location on here, that's fine, I'd say.

It has been a common observation of former students that they have nowhere to turn in any way. At least this way, this forum is here for support, and if you're willing to host some regular social get-togethers, go for it ! If I lived there, I'd go.

A side note on Mr. Doug's: they make The Best Egg Omellettes...YUM. I would always go there to eat when I traveled.

I think this is agreat idea! We are actually in the process of moving back to Michigan, but if any gatherings occur in the next couple weeks we'd be happy to come.
From our experience here this past year I really feel that many of the x-RSE students we've met are some of the clearest, most focused people around. Having come thru the RSE experience, and found their own path, they are stronger for it and they know it! Plus we have a ton of laughs!!!

PS Hey how do you email someone on the forum?? We left our email address in our sign in but I dont know how to access anyones email?

one---Whatca---makes a good point, about open invitations---would it be better, to start small group gatherings only including those of your choice. The home owner where the meeting takes place, can choose whom to invite. Food for Thought, inviting like minded people not connected to rse, may be very enlightening, for they have not been restricted from thinking for themselves. Best wishes to All wouldn't want a house plant to show UP!

Question for David:
Where on the site can I ask a question I dont see a "contact" area anywere... In this thread we are talking about perhaps meeting outside of the forum.
I have entered our email when I post, how do we email someone else on the forum?

nice idea, live too far. Have fun.

"How do we email someone else on the forum?"

DanceTheWind...

Perhaps…
When a poster does not provided an email contact
" EMF totally respects that choice"
You could post a message to ask them to contact you?

David

OK lets try this again..
David,
I understand all about the respect thing... what I mean is, without putting my email address IN my post, as in for ALL TO SEE, since when I post my email address is on the form, in the above yellow field, and you have emailed me... is there some other area of the site I am not seeing that gives the emails of those who are WILLING to do that?
Like on some sites you can click a persons name and send them an email, if they have they're acct. set up to recieve them.

Onehandontheelephant

Yes a great idea..

We do have a location for a monthly LARSE gathering in the Yelm area starting a few weeks time..
Understandably…This is strictly for former RSE students who wish to move on from their RSE experience.
If you are a current, former, or prospective student of “Ramtha” and have no doubts or issues about RSE then this will not be for you, You will not be welcome.

Former RSE students can email LARSE@fairpoint.net for more details.

The need for confidentiality is understood and will be respected.

David

DanceThe Wind..

"if they have they're acct. set up to receive them"

Exactly..

There is the Mailbox icon under their name...
if they accept email contact.

Perhaps I am missing something here?
Direct me to a forum that demonstrates what you are requesting…

DanceTheWind..

Yes... Please try this again.
With a wee bit more patience this time….

David

DanceTheWind

"is there some other area of the site I am not seeing that gives the emails of those who are WILLING to do that?

Nope.

I hope that clarifies things..

David

FYI
"how do we email someone else on the forum?"
"There is the Mailbox icon under their name...
if they accept email contact"

TO Onehandontheelephant

I have a question for you about a posting you made in another thread. I do not see an e-mail address to contact you. Would you please e-mail me so I may ask you directly.

Thank-you

thanks about the e-mail addy, i did not realize that I needed to fill it out each time

inkblocked@yahoo.com

TO ANSWER THE POST THAT COMMENTED:
"Of course, then you risk having your "party" crashed by those with another agenda."

1) As I recall--this was in the late 1980s so if I am not remembering correctly, I invite other old-timers to comment--when we used to meet at Mr. Doug's, a certain local minister used to come sit in the room with us during our Tuesday night gatherings. I believe he used to preach to his congregation that Ramtha was either a demon or the Anti-Christ, but he didn't do anything but sit and listen. (There may have been other "locals" who visited too, because back then Yelm locals were nervous that JZ/Ramtha's agenda was to "take over" Yelm, similar to what Oregon had just gone through with the Rajneesh group.)

Even given lots of fear-based letters to the editor in the NVN for several years, the locals who sat nearby and listened never tried to hijack our discussions. Eventually locals I met expressed amusement at Ramsters and probably talked plenty about us behind our backs, but they never tried to interfere with our gatherings.

THE GET-TOGETHERS I'M PROPOSING WON'T HAVE ANY SPECIFIC ANTI-RSE AGENDA. IF YOU'RE AN EX-RAMSTER WHO LIKES CATS, YOU AND I MIGHT SPEND AN ENTIRE EVENING SHARING CAT STORIES. OR I MIGHT TELL YOU ABOUT FREECYCLE, OR WE COULD TALK ABOUT THE ANTICS OF JON STEWART/STEPHEN COLBERT. SO EVEN IF THE RSE STAFF WAS TO SHOW UP A TIME OR TWO, SO WHAT? EVEN IF THEY SHOW UP AND WE ARE DISCUSSING JZ, SO WHAT?

I ALREADY HAVE FRIENDS WHO ARE CURRENT, LONG-TIME RSE STUDENTS!!! I NEVER TRY TO TALK THEM INTO LEAVING RSE, AND THEY NEVER TRY TO TALK ME INTO COMING BACK. SO IF WE EX-STUDENTS WANT TO MEET ONE ANOTHER EVERY WEEK OVER COFFEE, LET'S NOT LET WHAT-IF FEARS STOP US.

yep

To carify something that DanceTheWind was asking..

This information was posted by whatchamacallit recently on the thread titled "POSTING ON EMF"

If you are posting on this message board, you DO have the option when filling out the posting page, to OMIT your "email". It is shown in yellow and may appear to be a "required" field, but it's not. You do have to put a screen name or real name in the "name" field.

If you want to INCLUDE your email..
Make sure it in the email text box with your post..
Then the little mailbox icon will appear just below your name with your post..

Turn to your partner and repeat what I have just...

chuckle..

David

Onehand wrote: "I ALREADY HAVE FRIENDS WHO ARE CURRENT, LONG-TIME RSE STUDENTS!!! I NEVER TRY TO TALK THEM INTO LEAVING RSE, AND THEY NEVER TRY TO TALK ME INTO COMING BACK. SO IF WE EX-STUDENTS WANT TO MEET ONE ANOTHER EVERY WEEK OVER COFFEE, LET'S NOT LET WHAT-IF FEARS STOP US."

Since you cited my post, I will assume that this comment was directed at my post. I didn't suggest that anyone should have fear.

I stated a fact that I am aware of, where what I referenced did happen. It wasn't based on fear/imagination. At the LARSE gathering, people showed up who would have "crashed the party", so to speak.

I suggested that you had a great idea if you felt that it was an endeavor that would be welcomed. I also suggested that you may want to be careful about those who may have an agenda. It's not like there isn't a history in the area, of that not happening, with all the talk of JZ sending people here and there.
Being cautious about whom you invite isn't being fear based in my viewpoint; it's just being prudent.

My post was nothing other than very supportive to you and I'm sorry that you didn't seem to read it that way.

Whatcha

Providing a meeting place/time/opportunity for people moving away from Judy's place has been an intention all along -- David has been working hard toward that goal. It would be, I think, and correct if i'm wrong David, an opportunity for people to share the hurts fears joys journeys of the leaving and moving on. Sounds to me like onehand is proposing a simple social gathering type thing... marvelous.... and equally needed.
I work at a church that is very open to offering free space for those who'd like to gather. David has reasonably suggested - as evidenced by posts here - that the mere word church freaks people out. Nevertheless - it's clean, free, there's coffee, tables and privacy. You can dance sing do karoke, chat , or whatever - just no alcohol.
If there is any public announcement of meeting you can bet your bottom, or top, dollar, Judy will send people. That's more given than the sun will rise tomorrow. It's simply a fact. If you want a gathering of any sort with Judy's alternate *******s present, make it public. Otherwise - communicate via LARSE of your own emails.

Hi Whatcha,

I really was not directing my post to reject the support you offered. I do appreciate it. It's just that you, and now David, have voiced the same concern to me, which is that RSE staff might "crash" the gatherings I suggested if I announced the day/time/place on this website.

I couldn't care less whether RSE staff show up. If I'm in a public place, they can show up and sit at the same table, for all I care. As long as they don't interfere with me having a conversation with other former RSE students, I don't care whether they listen in or not. But I really don't think they are going to waste their time attending weekly gatherings of former RSE students. What would they gain from that?

Moreover, if I meet any current or former RSE students who want to talk privately, away from the weekly gatherings and with no possibility of being overheard by RSE staff, we can arrange that easily, just between us.

The gatherings I proposed won't happen, though, unless other former RSE students really want them. That's why I proposed this on this website, because it's the best way to reach like-minded people.

Thanks for writing, Whatcha.

Onehand,

I don't know what any "party crashers" might think in their heads there is to be gained by showing up. As well, I sure hope that it doesn't happen. I just expressed concern that your effort may be hampered in a way I have seen already occur.

In any case, as I said, go for it ! I don't know how some folks who live out there and have expressed feelings of isolation as former students, manage it. I think casual social gatherings, as well as information/support mtgs with LARSE will serve those likeminded people that can benefit from what's offered, very well.

If I lived there, I'd show up with my quilting to work on whilst chatting.

Hi GraceD,

What a great idea! If your church would be willing to host a small group of people meeting once a week to chat, I think that would be wonderful. I've been in other groups that met at churches, and the churches never interfered in any way with our meetings. I know that I would welcome the privacy and quiet of talking in a little room at a church, compared to sitting in a restaurant.

I myself would certainly give a little donation each time I came to help pay for the electricity, heat, bathroom use, coffee, etc.

HOW ABOUT IT, EVERYONE? Would you attend a weekly, informal drop-in for former RSE students if it was held in a room at a local church? And by drop-in, I mean that nobody should feel obligated to show up every week, just when you're in the mood.

An excellent suggestion…

Thank you Grace…
and onehandontheelephant…

Keep me posted..

David

Once again you've surprised me Onehand. I was gonna do a p.s. that no minister or anyone from the church would bother you/those gathered.
For a while, Safeplace had a weekly support group for local women in abusive situations.
David can give you the phone number and email to the church. The only already scheduled daytime meetings will be Wed.s at noon (during Lent)and Thursdays at 2:30-4:30(and that's just a small group so there'd still be plenty of room). Evenings - Monday and Thursdays are absolutely free. But/and there's lots of room - soooo - ya'll figure out a time/day and we'll work it out. Pastor Jerry and those in the congregation who know of my involvement with LARSE are VERY supportive.
Be in touch.

How About Sonias Cafe in Rainier? Its often empty, quiet, has great windows, an extensive Menu, and outdoor seating on nice days. Its across from the Rainier Market. After over 15 years in this area off and on, we finally went in there to eat one night, and I wondered why we hadnt before. Maybe the Christian Symbol on the sign did it, but Sonia was a nice lady, the food was good, and she liked talking End Times too!
Personally I wouldnt be inspired to meet at a church.
This area sorely lacks for a real hopping Cafe,[the Blue Bottle being a little too Ramthaish, right?] not to mention a dance Hall on weekends...the private places just put me to sleep anymore, and a location in town is great for kids, who [in Rainier] can go hang out in the playground or ride bikes or whatever, while we have "meetings".
I also think that to get together to hash over "RSE", while needs to happen to help people heal, will be a short lived "group" reason for meeting, and gives me a general sickly feeling personally, like having to stay in Therapy for years [which I already did]
Im just a little more of a light heart about it all, and feel recovered enough from the effects of the years I spent there {Even tho I KNOW David or Joe may not SEE me that way after a chat about it.]
Im also wondering if us Xers will even find we like each other , or have much in common worth meeting regularly for...so thats why I suggest a menu as an attraction point..even just coffee..and watching the traffic pass thru town...
My 2 cents..

Hi. Please continue to post here if you live in the general Yelm area and would be interested in some kind of regular, low-key coffee/chat get-togethers to meet on a social basis with other former RSE students. The main purpose here would be an alternative to the isolation some people experience after leaving RSE.

So far 3 people who live in this area have expressed interest. If any of those people want to meet individually for a latte or whatever, please email me and we can do that.

A much larger response would be needed before it would make sense to set up the kind of regular drop-ins like those that used to take place at Mr. Doug's.

Thanks!

We'll be here until the 6th of March. If there are any get-togthers between now and then, let us know and we'd be glad to attend.

I'm interested in going for informal meetings. The church idea sounds great also, if anyone wants to discuss personal RSE stuff out of public areas. I'm open either way or both ways.

I am very open to this idea, and at this time, would welcome alot of support.
Thank you.

Hi Tree,

I haven't set up any Yelm-area weekly get-togethers because I only had 3 positive responses (yours was the 4th), and I had heard that another LARSE gathering might be planned. I'm going out of town in a couple of days, but would be happy to get together with you in person or on the phone when I get back in about 2 weeks.

Until then, you might want to type your email address in the box when you post, so that people who want to offer you support can have a link to click on to email you.

I know you are going through a very rough time. I'm glad this website is available to help you. There was nothing like this when I got out of RSE many years ago. Back then I didn't even know anyone else who had left RSE, and then I found one person who had, and he showed me there are many people who have left, in the Yelm area, across America, and in other countries. Support is here for you, and you are already helping others by sharing your journey. Keep talking about how you feel...you are not alone!